IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Windows update and system control

orygundewd

Restart ?

Welcome to the forum orygundewd :smile:

Did you re-enable it then restart your computer ?

Did you try changing the auto update time to sometime soon and then restart your computer ?

Probably worth a try if you haven't done that already.

If nothing seems to work, you could always try using System Restore to go back to a time before you made the changes.

Edit: How did you disable automatic updates, did you go to:

Iobit Toolbox > System Control > General Settings > Security

then un-ticked Turn on Windows automatic updates ?

All the best, woz of oz

Hi woz

Perhaps a sfc /scannow could be tried too :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Welcome to the forum orygundewd :smile:

Did you re-enable it then restart your computer ?

Did you try changing the auto update time to sometime soon and then restart your computer ?

Probably worth a try if you haven't done that already.

If nothing seems to work, you could always try using System Restore to go back to a time before you made the changes.

All the best, woz of oz

Hi ory

Have you tried opening services and taken a look at the automatic update setting?

services.msc in Run

You might also check sysdm.cpl in Run - windows key+pause/break works too. Then choose the tab Automatic Update and check the settings.

Cheers

solbjerg

I am no longer able to use windows update in anyway after having disabled it in sys control . I have tried to re enable it no joy . Anyone have any ideas ?

Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3 is my OS . I went into services set update to automatic and started all dependencies as well . I have tried reenabling automatic updates in Toolbox/Control/system control . I reboot try to update through the Windows and Microsoft update sites . I get "Error number: 0x80240025" . When I open My Computer/Properties/Automatic Updates , I am unable to select any of the options . They are gray instead of black , all options I mean . I also noticed today that when I tried to update definitions in Security Essentials I got the same error code . I was able to update my definitions manually and run a complete scan . I am ok there . I also allowed automatic updates in Toolbox/Control/system control/privacy/general . Set them to active default settings here . Can't figure what I am missing . I lost my code Advanced SystemCare Professional . I moved since I purchased it 6 months ago and my ISP has merged since then and my email addy has changed from orygundewd @centurytel.net to orygundewd @centurylink.net . I cant seem to get any help from iobit .New baby and all pinching my pennies or I would have just bought another key . I really appreciate all the help you guys have given me . I am sure I am just missing something basic . I have retried all the suggestions here , and will try , retry any you guys post . I want to thank you all for the time you have given me .

Hi orygundewd,

Try Dial-a-fix .

Please read as much as you can about this powerful tool in that page.

Extract both files to the same folder of you like.

Run it.

Make sure that no checkbox is checked and check the checkbox of Fix Windows Update under WU/WUAU.

This will automaticly check some checkboxes, click GO button and wait for it to finish the procedure.

See if Windows Update works.

Cheers.

Note: Do not give e-mail adresses in the forum, otherwise spambots will pick them up and you will have 1000s of spam mails.

Hi ory

Do you have ASC running on automatic? Have you placed the update setting in the ignore list?

Do you have anything in your Ignore list?

Is your DNS client started and automatic?

Did you try the sfc suggestion? Or the chkdsk suggestion?

May you and your baby (both of them :-) ) have a good time!!! :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3 is my OS . I went into services set update to automatic and started all dependencies as well . I have tried reenabling automatic updates in Toolbox/Control/system control . I reboot try to update through the Windows and Microsoft update sites . I get "Error number: 0x80240025" . When I open My Computer/Properties/Automatic Updates , I am unable to select any of the options . They are gray instead of black , all options I mean . I also noticed today that when I tried to update definitions in Security Essentials I got the same error code . I was able to update my definitions manually and run a complete scan . I am ok there . I also allowed automatic updates in Toolbox/Control/system control/privacy/general . Set them to active default settings here . Can't figure what I am missing . I lost my code Advanced SystemCare Professional . I moved since I purchased it 6 months ago and my ISP has merged since then and my email addy has changed from orygundewd @centurytel.net to orygundewd @centurylink.net . I cant seem to get any help from iobit .New baby and all pinching my pennies or I would have just bought another key . I really appreciate all the help you guys have given me . I am sure I am just missing something basic . I have retried all the suggestions here , and will try , retry any you guys post . I want to thank you all for the time you have given me .

Archived