IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Pouring water out of my ears

solbjerg

Hi all

"Hælde vand ud af ørene" literally means pouring water out of my ears

(what I usually do :-) )

"inconsequential jabbering"

So here goes:

It is an urban legend that the eskimoes have a very large number of words for snow, when in reality it stems from the structure of the language where adding suffixes to the root word creates a new word.

In English fx. we have water - this can be a very large number of things, tears, dew, river, lake, wet ------ / water-flower, watery, water-bed------ and you name it.

The same goes for the legend of names for the color green used by the natives of Africa or the Amazon.

Another example "knifehandlebrownishfrommyuncleforicecutting" I have now doused you sufficiently, me thinks! So I'll leave you to do more important things :-) :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Water is wet

This reminds me of a friend from many years ago, she rarely complained about anything and didn't have much patience for those that did. She was especially annoyed by people who would complain about things they couldn't possibly change so when someone started doing that the conversation would go something like this:

Complaining Person: Complain, complain, compl.....

My friend: < interupting > Water is wet

Complaining Person: What ?

My friend: Water is wet

Complaining Person: Of course it is

My friend: I wish it wasn't wet

Complaining Person: What are you talking about, water is wet, that's just the way it is

My friend: Oh, I see, I guess I should just stop complaining about it then

Complaining Person: < silence >

:-D :-D

All the best, woz of oz

Hi woz

Sounds like a person worth knowing - glad I made you reminiscence :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

This reminds me of a friend from many years ago, she rarely complained about anything and didn't have much patience for those that did. She was especially annoyed by people who would complain about things they couldn't possibly change so when someone started doing that the conversation would go something like this:

Complaining Person: What are you talking about, water is wet, that's just the way it is

All the best, woz of oz

Hi woz

A little extra comment :-)

Robert Frost Quotes (3) :-)

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.

Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it.

I had a lover's quarrel with the world.

What he wanted written on his tombstone.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. he died in 1963

All the best, woz of oz

• 3 weeks later...

Symbols

Hi titou

I thought that you might be interested in some gender symbols :-)

Alt+9890 - through Alt+9897 will show you some symbols regarding this subject, but as far as I know they can only be viewed in the Dejavu sans font, the Code 2000 font and the Unicode Symbols font.

Arial Unicode doesn't show them.

The hex numbers are between 26A2 and 26A9

Example : 9892 → U+26A4 This one we might call "married 'normal' couple"

Dejavu sans 567 Kb, Code 2000 7.98 MB, Unicode symbols 1.2 Mb

Cheers

solbjerg

• 2 weeks later...

cerberus

Something made me think of Cerberus - you know the three-headed dog that guards the gates to hell.

Why does hell need a guard dog? Is that to keep people out? In that case cerberus isn't a monster - he just looks like one :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Archived