IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

No New Cookies?

Smeggy

Under the Heading: Options/Ignore List/Cookies....... I have the cookies I wish to retain listed on the right pane as normal but there are never any cookies listed on the left pane to delete? I have turned off the Security Sweep feature and re-enabled it several times and still no new cookies appear for me to choose from? I have not added any to the keep list in awhile so I can not tell you exactly when this behavior would have begun. I am using Firefox as a browser. Thank you in advance.

Hi Smeggy

%userprofile%\cookies pasted into Run will show you if it really is empty.

Please also take a look in your Firefox settings and see if any cookies are shown there.

Let us know the result please - perhaps we then can find a solution.

Cheers

solbjerg

Under the Heading: Options/Ignore List/Cookies....... I have the cookies I wish to retain listed on the right pane as normal but there are never any cookies listed on the left pane to delete? I have turned off the Security Sweep feature and re-enabled it several times and still no new cookies appear for me to choose from? I have not added any to the keep list in awhile so I can not tell you exactly when this behavior would have begun. I am using Firefox as a browser. Thank you in advance.

For Vista and Windows 7,

IE8 cookies would be in:

C:\Users\{Users Name}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies

and

FF3.6.xx cookies would be in:

C:\Users\{Users Name}\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\{8 random characters}.default\cookies.sqlite

and

C:\Users\{Users Name}\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\{8 random characters}.default\permissions.sqlite

Also, you can see and if you wish remove the cookies when you go to:

FF>click Tools>click Options...>Options window>click Privacy tab>click remove individual cookies>Cookies window>Highlight a cookie>click Remove Cookies button, or without highlighting a cookie, click Remove All Cookies button.

IE>click Tools<click Internet Options>Internet Options window>click General tab>Browsing history>click Delete button>Delete Browsing History window>tick Cookies checkbox>click Delete button.

Cheers.

• 3 months later...

Thank you for the replies. Yes I know where they are located;the issue is ASC Pro won't list them.I have basically just given up and begun using C Cleaner for this function as it always lists new cookies without issue. A program I paid for should do better IMO.

Hi smeggy,

Have you used Cookies Manager in Windows Manager at utilities in ASC?

It is in:

ASC=>Utilities=>Admin Tools=>Windows Manager

And the Cookies Manager is at:

Windows Manager=>Tools=>Cookies Manager

It will even clean the cookies that CClenear does not not!

Cheers.:grin:

Archived