IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Handles increasing causes system instability

dabozuk

Hi,

I have had an unstable system since installing IS 360 and I finally pinned it down to handle count rising. I rebooted my PC, then used perfmon.exe to monitor is360srv process's handles, working set, threads and CPU, and the handle count marches up at a completely uniform rate.

I run Windows 7, patched up, IS360 1.5 with latest updates. Please let me know how I can help you guys diagnose this, so you can find a workaround or fix, otherwise I'll have to uninstall your rather useful software.

Regards

Boz

Attached below is a screenshot from my perfmon report of is360srv. you can see at the bottom the Handle count is the red line on the graph and it starts from a minimum of 224 handles, and overnight it rose to 53,148.

The green is CPU, which looked like it was pretty busy too, not sure why as the PC wasn't doing much except running bittorrent.

Boz

Hi dabozuk

Isn't your screenshot showing just how bittorrents work??

Are you distributing large files to many people?

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. As far as I know it is IObit policy to answer legitimate questions concerning their products asked by paying customers. If that is the case in your case it might be smarter to ask IObit directly instead of asking in the general forum.

Ok, you haven't answered so I'm uninstalling IS 360. Sorry, but you need to support your customers better than that.

Boz

Hi dabozuk

Isn't your screenshot showing just how bittorrents work??

Are you distributing large files to many people?

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. As far as I know it is IObit policy to answer legitimate questions concerning their products asked by paying customers. If that is the case in your case it might be smarter to ask IObit directly instead of asking in the general forum.

I am completely confused by your response.

1) Are you suggesting that I am using bittorrent? To answer that, no I am not.

2) You say "legitimate questions"... this is surely a legitimate question: why does your IObit 360 software leak handles to the point that Windows crashes? You can see in the screenshot that it is "is360srv" process that is consuming the 53,148 handles. In what way is it not legitimate to ask if that is a bug or not?

3) The general forum has a sticky topic entitled "Please Post Bugs or problems with IObit Security 360 Here" which I have also done. Is that wrong?!

4) Ultimately, you can take the information however you choose. I am a software developer and I know a handle leak when I see it. Your software has a fault, I was offering to help you diagnose that fault so you can fix it. I have uninstalled 360 now, and I am certainly not paying for it if it crashes my system and no one wants to help.

Boz

Hi dabozuk

From where stems your confusion?

Are you under the impression that I am a IObit employee?

This is not so -most of the moderators and administrators are users like you, there are very few Iobit programmers in the forum even though they drop in from time to time.

They probably get questions from thousands of users that they have to sort through, so my guess is that they are busy and perhaps even have seen your report and perhaps are checking what may cause it to behave like that, but not have had time to find out yet and consequently don't have any answer for you yet.

This was just a surmise on my part!!!

Someone from IObit will probably see your report and react sooner or later - in the meantime I can just thank you for reporting a possible glitch/bug in the program, but I cannot help you - I do not know enough.

Perhaps someone else in the forum does, but not everyone look in every day.

My p.s. in my former post was just to make you aware what IObit's policy is regarding support.

And that goes for paying customers.

There is a difference between a user forum and a company's support of their product :-)

Ordinary users that use non-paying versions cannot expect support and are therefore utilizing the forum to try to find some knowledgeable other user that may have a solution to their problem.

You yourself could be such a person perhaps and we would all welcome your expertise.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. You said in your post with the screenshot that your computer was running bittorrent!?

p.p.s. What kind of software developer are you? A new Peter Norton perhaps? :-)

I am completely confused by your response.

1) Are you suggesting that I am using bittorrent? To answer that, no I am not.

2) You say "legitimate questions"... this is surely a legitimate question: why does your IObit 360 software leak handles to the point that Windows crashes? You can see in the screenshot that it is "is360srv" process that is consuming the 53,148 handles. In what way is it not legitimate to ask if that is a bug or not?

3) The general forum has a sticky topic entitled "Please Post Bugs or problems with IObit Security 360 Here" which I have also done. Is that wrong?!

4) Ultimately, you can take the information however you choose. I am a software developer and I know a handle leak when I see it. Your software has a fault, I was offering to help you diagnose that fault so you can fix it. I have uninstalled 360 now, and I am certainly not paying for it if it crashes my system and no one wants to help.

Boz

The green is CPU, which looked like it was pretty busy too, not sure why as the PC wasn't doing much except running bittorrent.

Boz

Hi dabozuk,

solbjerg's question about bittorent may well be related to your above comment.:smile:

As solbjerg says, you are welcomed here in the forum with your knowledge, but your level of questions and suggestions can only be communicated with the authors of the programs.

In that case, I would guess Tim Xue or someone he points out will be the one to discuss the matter with you.

I will make sure that he will be aware of your concern, but please be patient as they are working on the completely new Security Software (replacement of IS360) if not the soon coming ASC Beta 4.

It is certainly up to you to further test IS360, but I really wonder what would be the end result when run together with SmartRAM.

Thank you for your understanding.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Archived