IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Wcourier.exe (false?) [SOLVED by db 1907]

C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS|Wireless Console 3\wcourier.exe seems to be a "Trojan.Dropper" according to IObit 360, however it is a program associated with my laptop's wireless card. is it posssible this is a false positive? has anyone else had this problem? how would I know if it was a false positive? Should I try to get a clean version from ASUS and scan that with 360 to see if it comes back the same? thank you.

Hi Synoc,

Please follow the procedure described in Guidelines and Requirements for Reporting a False Positive thread.

Upload it to the relevant places and give the links in a post.

In that way IObit is going to investigate the problem and the response will be much sooner.

Check how the others have proceded in similar situations.

Cheers.

That's weird Synoc, as if the checkbox of Quarantine treats when removing them checked under Scan Parameters in Scan settings, supposedly malware item should be in Quarantine List.

Although it may be false positive, it seems that the only way is to get that file again if possible.

Here is the link for downloading ASUS Wireless Switch (Wireless Console3) Utility for Win7 32/64 Bit

Cheers.

That's weird Synoc, as if the checkbox of Quarantine treats when removing them checked under Scan Parameters in Scan settings, supposedly malware item should be in Quarantine List.

Although it may be false positive, it seems that the only way is to get that file again if possible.

Here is the link for downloading ASUS Wireless Switch (Wireless Console3) Utility for Win7 32/64 Bit

Cheers.

it was in the quarantine list but not in its file path, I put it back into circulation and I am sending the file now. then I'm removing it again. I THINK it controls the wireless toggle switch on my laptop. as I turned OFF the wireless after I removed it, and when I turned it back on it did not work. though that may have been a coincidence. Anyway, off the digital salt mines. files away!

results are in

IObit Security 360

Version:1.5.0.13

Define Version:1905

Time Elapsed:00:19:09

Objects Scanned:69720

Threats Found:1

|Name|Type|Description|ID|

Trojan.Dropper - Quarantined, File, C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\Wireless Console 3\wcourier.exe, 11-31607

http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report.html?id=2939d9636e0a9e613aa952fe0b05aa711765c0e1e47a8c668c86f45f7221ce66-1287370381

Hope I did this right ; ) I haven't had to drop something a quote box in forever

Archived