IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Disc cleaner doesn't remember exclusions

Iztok67

Hi Iztok

As far as I know there isn't, and even if this application is for portable use (and therefore not installed on your computer) I just checked to see if it behaved differently in the add-in in ASC - it didn't.

My explanation which is solely mine is that the function is not something that should be able to run automatically - you have the standard ASC for that - just when one feels that some extra clean up is appropriate. It is an extra.

Cheers

solbjerg

Disc cleaner dosent remember exlusions. No mater which folder i exclude under setings it is forgoten next time i started it. Is there some other way to exclude folders and files?

Thank you

Iztok

I dont talk abaut "automatic" anithing. I am talking abaut that there is option to (in disc cleaner) ad folders you wish not to be included in search. There is also preset of some folders there. If i add my choice disc cleaner dosent remember it not even for first search.

I am sorry for confusion, it is solely my guilt becouse i dont speak (or write :)) english well.

I still want to know if thise is a bug, is there some other place where i can set exclusions for disc cleaner or i am doing something wrong.

Have a nice day

Iztok

Hi Iztok

Yes I know - but nevertheless you are asking if a portable application can be set to automatically remember not to clean certain items that it finds in its scan!

To my mind that would defeat its purpose when it later is used on someone else's computer. The same function in ASC (which is installed) on the other hand might benefit from your suggestion perhaps.

Cheers

solbjerg

I dont talk abaut "automatic" anithing. I am talking abaut that there is option to (in disc cleaner) ad folders you wish not to be included in search. There is also preset of some folders there. If i add my choice disc cleaner dosent remember it not even for first search.

I am sorry for confusion, it is solely my guilt becouse i dont speak (or write :)) english well.

I still want to know if thise is a bug, is there some other place where i can set exclusions for disc cleaner or i am doing something wrong.

Have a nice day

Iztok

But option is there. I posted pictures to see if we talking abaut same thing.

Option is there but it is not remembered. Not even for initial scan. If i ad folder or file when it start scaning it dont remember folder added and scaned it anyway.

Iztok

P.S. also Privacy Sweeper remember setings.

Hi Iztok

Yes the program is set not to tamper with essential libraries - and you then want to add something to these libraries that it should not check either?

Does it remember that configuration in the ASC application?

Cheers

solbjerg

But option is there. I posted pictures to see if we talking abaut same thing.

Option is there but it is not remembered. Not even for initial scan. If i ad folder or file when it start scaning it dont remember folder added and scaned it anyway.

Iztok

P.S. also Privacy Sweeper remember setings.

Yes i wont to add to those. And option to do that is there. It is just dosent work. I want to know is thise is a bug (which wil be repaired i hope) or is something wrong on my end.

It must be able to add becouse it automaticly add folder in wich is stored (you can see thise in my picture all those Stana and Iztok folders was added automaticly not by me). If i coud find where he wrote that maybe i coud find a way how to add few of my choice. I know i repeat myself, but option is there. I even wrote an arrow in picture to where it is.

ASC disc cleaner ver3.7.0 dosent have thise option so i dont know if it rembers it :smile:

Thank you for your time.

Iztok

Well Iztok

I don't know - but there isn't any .ini file in the Disk cleaner folder by me - do you have one?

Cheers

solbjerg

Yes i wont to add to those. And option to do that is there. It is just dosent work. I want to know is thise is a bug (which wil be repaired i hope) or is something wrong on my end.

It must be able to add becouse it automaticly add folder in wich is stored (you can see thise in my picture all those Stana and Iztok folders was added automaticly not by me). If i coud find where he wrote that maybe i coud find a way how to add few of my choice. I know i repeat myself, but option is there. I even wrote an arrow in picture to where it is.

ASC disc cleaner ver3.7.0 dosent have thise option so i dont know if it rembers it :smile:

Thank you for your time.

Iztok

Although it doesn't remember next time you run Disk Cleaner, when you exclude a folder either adding through browsing or by dragging and dropping, it does remember it untill you close the application or delete the addded folder.

You can check it after cleaning and clicking the Back button to go to Configure Settings.

Otherwise, it must be something to do with your Vista x64.

Cheers.

It hapens what you wrote.

I dont get it. Maybe i am doing something wrong?

1. open disc cleaner

2. configure setings

3. O.K.

4. next

And after that it scanes but dosent exclude added folders. No matter how many times i ad folder to exclude it got scaned. I am doing something wrong?

The test shows that when you put the whole C: disk for the exclusion, the programs skip the whole disk as a folder and gives the result as No junk files found. In fact there are junk files in C:\, so it works for the folder C:\.8:)

Try dragging and dropping a folder that you know there is junk files in it, and see how it behaves.

Sorry, but if it doesn't work again, it is beyond my knowledge.:sad:

It may be a bug of the program for Win x64s.

Cheers.

I did try and i understand what your test is all abaut. If i put C:\ it exclude it. If i add C:\Program Files (x86)\Amis Internet Security it dosent exclude it.. Maybe (likely :)) is mistake on my end but i just dont have any idea what. It is trouble allways to exclude find files from result not to get deleted :( (another leson learned the hard way "allways chek what you delete" :)).

Iztok

I find a partly solution. Since Toolbox dosent scan folder in what it is in and i basicly need to exclude mostly just one folder i just put toolbox in thise folder and make shortcut of it (Toolbox) where i need it. It is not ideal solution but is better then nothing.

Iztok

Archived