IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC360 killed my browsers!

Scubafan

Hi all. I saw a potential problem that my Avast antivirus and Ad-Aware didn't fix so I installed ASC to my laptop and to my desktop. The laptop works fine, but now the desktop is unable to connect to the internet with either IE8 or Firefox 3.7 at all unless I start in safe mode! I can update my various malware & antivirus programs fine, and use a P2P program while at the same time never connect to any web page with the browsers. I did a system restore to 2 days before I installed the ASC and this made one haveno difference.

I need my desktop for work! I tried to search the forum but despite using strings LONGER than 4 words I kept getting a "your string is shorter than 4 words so you get nothing" error.

Anyone have an idea to help?

Thanks!

I did a system restore to 2 days before I installed the ASC and this made one have no difference.P2p YOU SAY .what as in Torrent?

well you got a big problem..Firefox 3.7 at all unless I start in safe mode

yep you got a bug! now you could try to put in your MS disk and run repair..

sounds like a booting Glitch

this should of fixed this..have you back up the system? with a image ? then restore it with that that will fix it..

itsmejjj

Try this fix

Hi all. I saw a potential problem that my Avast antivirus and Ad-Aware didn't fix so I installed ASC to my laptop and to my desktop. The laptop works fine, but now the desktop is unable to connect to the internet with either IE8 or Firefox 3.7 at all unless I start in safe mode! I can update my various malware & antivirus programs fine, and use a P2P program while at the same time never connect to any web page with the browsers. I did a system restore to 2 days before I installed the ASC and this made one haveno difference.

I need my desktop for work! I tried to search the forum but despite using strings LONGER than 4 words I kept getting a "your string is shorter than 4 words so you get nothing" error.

Anyone have an idea to help?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum Scubafan :smile:

Please try the fix posted HERE

P.S: If you need software to open a *.rar then have a look at the free and excellent 7Zip

All the best, woz of oz

THANKS Woz!

Welcome to the forum Scubafan :smile:

Please try the fix posted HERE

P.S: If you need software to open a *.rar then have a look at the free and excellent 7Zip

All the best, woz of oz

Woz, I'm back online! I do still wonder what happened though. After I installed and ran the ASC and the Security 360 I was still able to browse for hours. The problem didn't happen until start up the next day. Can this happen again? Are there things I need to watch out for to prevent it?

Another thought, I THOUGHT when I was setting up one of the programs that there was a place asking if I used a proxy or not to connect. Since I don't I selected none. When the failure happened I thought to see if that was the problem, but can't find anything in the settings of either program that deals with proxy connections. Did I just mis-remember it?

Thanks again!

Hi Scubafan,

For ASC:

Click Check For Update on the GUI of ASC, or click Check For Update on the right-click menu of ASC sytem tray icon.

IObit Live Update window will be opened.

Click on Click here to configure update settings. link on the IObit Live Update window.

Network Settings window will be opened.

Change Proxy Settings is there.

For IS360:

Click Settings=>Options window will open=>Update=>click Network on the left pane=>Network on the right pane=>Proxy

Those were the only settings concerning Proxy in both programs.

Cheers.

Hi,

I used diskdocter and it killed my internet and browers. Afther the diskdocter requested me to reboot my pc, my pc said that I had no internet connection. I did a system restore and now I had internet again. But now I'm not able to browse on the internet. Even thought I have internet, google, facebook and no other sites will load. I tried Comodo dragon and IE 8. None of them worked. Also sometimes my messenger wont sing in. I tried other system restores but no effect..

Also it looks like my computer doesnt remember things. My computer behave like i have just installed ASC and all my other programs. If I go to start, I see that the programs I had installed in the begin after a format I did, they are coloured yellow. But normally if I click on it, on the nexttime it won't be coloured because u have used it. Even on IObit uninstaller. If I click on recently installed, ALL my programs are sorted there. I don't think programs which you have installed more then a month ago supposed to be there. But thats no big deal, but that my browsers doesnt work anymore annoyes me. Can anyone help?

The problem is fixed with that procedure, it will not repeat for the ones who followed the procedure, but there, the problem continues with new downloads of the same (existing) setup file and installation of ASC 3.72 .

IObit is going to correct it in next release for new installations of ASC.

Cheers.

Hi enoskype,

The procedure that you had advised me to do, did help. But now when I have just started my pc, all my browsers work for about 5 minutes. After that, the browsers act like I have lost internet connection again. Then I need to reboot my computer again.

Hi blacksea

Have you tried closing your modem (closing the power) for some minutes and then start it again?

It will take some minutes for it to configure itself again.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi enoskype,

The procedure that you had advised me to do, did help. But now when I have just started my pc, all my browsers work for about 5 minutes. After that, the browsers act like I have lost internet connection again. Then I need to reboot my computer again.

Hi solbjerg,

Yes I have tried that two times but no use. Because this problem only occurs on my computer. I can surf with no problem on the laptop of my father. This only happens to my computer.

Cheers

Hi blacksea

Have you tried closing your modem (closing the power) for some minutes and then start it again?

It will take some minutes for it to configure itself again.

Cheers

solbjerg

Archived