IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Cloned Files Finder Improvement

youngie72

Hi youngie

Is this the setup you are asking about?

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6181&stc=1&d=1288388405

This only depends on what setup you choose.

I find it a great tool to help you find duplicate files that you don't need to have in more than 1 or 2 locations, then you can "clean" the others away.

A computer is not intelligent - you have to rely on your own intelligence.

You have to decide what you want to achieve. If it is to release some space click the size column heading to sort it after size.

In the screenshot you see Bookshelf Basic taking up quite a piece of the size, but as I use that very much, I don't think I will mess with that, I might end up missing it in a location where I often want it. So I leave that alone. A bit further down you see some sp3 cab files. One in the service pack file and one in the drivers cache - I don't want to delete any of those either - especially not the one in the cache.

Further down below the scope of the screenshot there is a picture folder that I have a copy for - for my daugther, quite a large item, it is located in two places on my computer, - this isn't necessary - so I will delete one of them - the one placed the most illogical place I think.

That way I just saved 5 Mb of space.

This is how I use this fine application.

Cheers

solbjerg

how difficult would it be to allow the cloned files found on a computer to be displayed with the same options as windows explorer....ie details, small icon, large icon or thumbnail. This would make the job so much more efficient and helpful

more information

In your screenshot you see the type of file as an icon. I would like the icon to display like windows explorer in Vista or 7 where you can change the size of the icon and mostly for pictures you can see what the picture is instead of opening the file first to preview. i hope this makes sense

Hi youngie

Yes, in the case of pictures I see your point.

But nevertheless you have the name of the picture displayed - and if you have your pictures set up logically with folder, type, name and date, it should be easy to determine if you need it or not without opening the file to view the picture, right? I would advocate that anyway (to open it I mean) to view which of the pictures had the best quality - that would be difficult to determine from an icon or a thumb print in my opinion.

Cheers

solbjerg

In your screenshot you see the type of file as an icon. I would like the icon to display like windows explorer in Vista or 7 where you can change the size of the icon and mostly for pictures you can see what the picture is instead of opening the file first to preview. i hope this makes sense

Archived