IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC NetworkMon memory leak?

karlcloudy

Hi,

I recently installed ASC for the sole purpose of using the useful NetworkMon utility that comes bundled with it. I haven't been able to find any similar network monitoring programs (oddly enough, would have expected to be something that a lot of people would find a use for), however, my usage of NetworkMon means that NetworkMon runs for substantial periods of time.

However, it appears the program has a memory leak. Depending on how long the program is left running, the memory usage runs up into the hundreds of MB. On my system (my housemate also runs the same program on his server) I have hit several hundred MB, but my housemate has actually hit the 32bit program memory limit twice now, in 48 hours :( . A screenshot showing errant memory usage is below, although it gets much higher I haven't taken a screenshot of it at higher consumption:

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/8035/netmon.th.png

That system is running Windows Server 2003, my housemates is running XP.

One thing I have noticed is that if you minimize the program's main window, it's memory usage drops quite suddenly. however, it will start leaking again right away, so theoretically, the entire problem can be avoided simply by restoring, then minimizing it's window every so often, not sure why it works, but it does.

Hi karl

Thanks for letting us know :-)

Please try writing networkmon in Search in the tool-line and read the threads there.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi,

I recently installed ASC for the sole purpose of using the useful NetworkMon utility that comes bundled with it. I haven't been able to find any similar network monitoring programs (oddly enough, would have expected to be something that a lot of people would find a use for), however, my usage of NetworkMon means that NetworkMon runs for substantial periods of time.

However, it appears the program has a memory leak. Depending on how long the program is left running, the memory usage runs up into the hundreds of MB. On my system (my housemate also runs the same program on his server) I have hit several hundred MB, but my housemate has actually hit the 32bit program memory limit twice now, in 48 hours :( . A screenshot showing errant memory usage is below, although it gets much higher I haven't taken a screenshot of it at higher consumption:

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/8035/netmon.th.png

That system is running Windows Server 2003, my housemates is running XP.

One thing I have noticed is that if you minimize the program's main window, it's memory usage drops quite suddenly. however, it will start leaking again right away, so theoretically, the entire problem can be avoided simply by restoring, then minimizing it's window every so often, not sure why it works, but it does.

Archived