IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

newbie-need help!!

I cannot permanently remove:

ad.yieldmanager.com

ad.yieldmanager.txt

ad.content.yieldmanager.com/ak

turn.com

10bit finds these, removes them, but they appear again when I scan. Immediately, which tells me 10bit isn't permanently removing these.

I went into IE tools and cannot manually remove these files from the Internet Temporary Files. Delete does nothing.

I added these the blocked sites, hit OK, but when I review the list they are removed.

I need help in removeing these tracking files. I 'googled' and found that the 'yieldmanager' may be causing my most problems on my pc. HELP!!

Hi watchgeek

Have you tried this:

Internet Explorer choose Tools/Internet Options/Privacy/Sites: write yieldmanager.com -Block

Firefox choose/Options/Privacy/Use custom settings for history/Exceptions/web sites: write yieldmanager.com -Block

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. IObit removes them but they are instantly created again by some setting you have - probably in one of your toolbars.

p.p.s. Just saw that you had answered too enoskype :-)

I cannot permanently remove:

ad.yieldmanager.com

ad.yieldmanager.txt

ad.content.yieldmanager.com/ak

turn.com

10bit finds these, removes them, but they appear again when I scan. Immediately, which tells me 10bit isn't permanently removing these.

I went into IE tools and cannot manually remove these files from the Internet Temporary Files. Delete does nothing.

I added these the blocked sites, hit OK, but when I review the list they are removed.

I need help in removeing these tracking files. I 'googled' and found that the 'yieldmanager' may be causing my most problems on my pc. HELP!!

Tried this

Hi watchgeek

Have you tried this:

Internet Explorer choose Tools/Internet Options/Privacy/Sites: write yieldmanager.com -Block

Firefox choose/Options/Privacy/Use custom settings for history/Exceptions/web sites: write yieldmanager.com -Block

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. IObit removes them but they are instantly created again by some setting you have - probably in one of your toolbars.

p.p.s. Just saw that you had answered too enoskype :-)

Hello,

I tried your suggestion with the same result. I type in the site as you suggested, click 'ok', then go back and the site is removed!

I noticed that as soon as my laptop powers up the CPU usage shoots way up. Even before I open IE or any other program. So it appears to be running in the background as soon as I boot up.

I'm a novice, but it appears that I need to locate where the source is, or however the proper terminology is.

I cannot delete it through the temp internet files section. How else can I find a section to delete this file?

Thanks for the help.

Toolbars Active: Menu, Favorites, Compatibility, Command, Status

Not Active:Yahoo!, Windows Live

I'm not sure what you mean by "Extensions"

I think enoskype is asking for 'added' Toolbars and Extensions:

• Launch Internet Explorer

• Select Tools (in Menu Bar)

• Select Manage Add-ons

• Select Toolbars and Extensions

List what Toolbars and Extensions appear in that window in your next reply.

.....I noticed that as soon as my laptop powers up the CPU usage shoots way up. Even before I open IE or any other program....

Power up your laptop and launch Task Manager. To launch task manager:

Press and hold down the keys Ctrl and Alt together then press the Del key

OR

Right click on the bottom bar and select Task Manager

Select Processes and note which ones are using the most CPU and list them in your next reply

OR

Preferably take a screenshot and attach it to your next post

If you are unsure how to do a screenshot and post it here, go to Usage of IObit Products - Screenshots and Attachments in the Forum

To capture the screenshot, you can also use FastStone Capture (free version, very handy tool)

All the best, woz of oz

Info requested

I think enoskype is asking for 'added' Toolbars and Extensions:

• Launch Internet Explorer

• Select Tools (in Menu Bar)

• Select Manage Add-ons

• Select Toolbars and Extensions

List what Toolbars and Extensions appear in that window in your next reply.

Power up your laptop and launch Task Manager. To launch task manager:

Press and hold down the keys Ctrl and Alt together then press the Del key

OR

Right click on the bottom bar and select Task Manager

Select Processes and note which ones are using the most CPU and list them in your next reply

OR

Preferably take a screenshot and attach it to your next post

If you are unsure how to do a screenshot and post it here, go to Usage of IObit Products - Screenshots and Attachments in the Forum

To capture the screenshot, you can also use FastStone Capture (free version, very handy tool)

All the best, woz of oz

I've listed the information you requested. Also, I just loaded, ran Trojan Remover, recommended from an IT person at work. Didn't remove either 'yieldmanager' or 'turn.com'. Ran 10bit again, and both reappear. Back to square one.

Enabled:

Adobe Shockwave Flash Object

Discuss

MS Silverlight

Disabled:

Windows Live Toolbar

Search Helper

Live ID Sign in

Live Toolbar BHO

Resarch

Yahoo Toolbar

Toolbar Helper

SingleInstance Class

Adobe PDF Helper

SSVHelper

Sun Java

Kaspersky Anti-Vrus statisitics

Processes:

Avp.exe 16,464

Iexplore 107,188

Iexplore 48,172

Svchost.exe 32,944

Avp.exe 30,668

AWC.exe 33,592

Again thanks.

Cannot block sites in addition to yield manager

I attempted to block other websites, such as doubleclick.com, in the Privacy section of IE, and none of these will hold. I type them in, hit OK, click out, and then when I go back these sites are gone from the list. Seems like a simple procedure of typing in sites, click Block, and click ok, but am I missing something? :?: Also, yieldmanager, and turn.com are still on the PC. I am thinking they are embedded somewhere. As I stated above "Trojan Remover" did not locate these and CPU usage remains at 100%.

Hi watchgeek2,

Try uninstalling Live Toolbar first, the see if any of them are gone, if not, uninstall Yahoo Toolbar and see if they are gone.

BTW what is the User Name of svchost.exe process which uses the most CPU? If it is NETWORK SERVICE, kill the process and see if anything changes.

Avp.exe is Kaspersky and known to use too much CPU, you can try another free A/V program which is lighter on resources.

Look for one in Google.

If you do not use iTunes all the time, and immediately after start of OS, you don't have to start iTunes Helper also.

Cheers.

Performed requests

Hi watchgeek2,

Try uninstalling Live Toolbar first, the see if any of them are gone, if not, uninstall Yahoo Toolbar and see if they are gone.

BTW what is the User Name of svchost.exe process which uses the most CPU? If it is NETWORK SERVICE, kill the process and see if anything changes.

Avp.exe is Kaspersky and known to use too much CPU, you can try another free A/V program which is lighter on resources.

Look for one in Google.

If you do not use iTunes all the time, and immediately after start of OS, you don't have to start iTunes Helper also.

Cheers.

In my Temporary Internet Files folder, ‘yieldmanager’ is listed as:

Name: ak/

Internet Address: Cookie:owner@content.yieldmanager.com/ak/

Type: Text Document

Size: 1KB

Obviously a text file. An ignorant question: I right click on it, click ‘Delete’ and it remains there. I have scanned with Trojan Remover and Malwarebytes with no success. ASC locates the item, removes it, but item immediately repairs as another scan will show (discussed earlier). Is there a way of locating the text file and ‘destroying’ the file? BTW, there is a second file which shows up on the scan. This file also refuses to be deleted. It is named:Cookie:owner@turn.com

Another related question. I have attempted to add both to my ‘Blocked’ list on IE with no success. I also tried a suggestion posted earlier about adding -Block.

It appears to me that these items are initiating at start up and running in the background. That is why I think they need to be located on my laptop. Again, in my ignorance, I decided to perform a search on my ‘C’ drive with no luck.

To answer your requests:

1. Removed both toolbars with no success.

2. I have several svchost.exe processes running. How do I differentiate among these? I don’t know if any are running a Network Service.

Thanks for the help. This has been a real learning experience. I told a friend at work I stopped trying to learn systems when Windows95 came out. Technology was moving too fast, and I decided to just enjoy the use of the computers without learning the nuts & bolts. Now I need to catch up!!

Thanks...

Followup

In my Temporary Internet Files folder, ‘yieldmanager’ is listed as:

Name: ak/

Internet Address: Cookie:owner@content.yieldmanager.com/ak/

Type: Text Document

Size: 1KB

Obviously a text file. An ignorant question: I right click on it, click ‘Delete’ and it remains there. I have scanned with Trojan Remover and Malwarebytes with no success. ASC locates the item, removes it, but item immediately repairs as another scan will show (discussed earlier). Is there a way of locating the text file and ‘destroying’ the file? BTW, there is a second file which shows up on the scan. This file also refuses to be deleted. It is named:Cookie:owner@turn.com

Another related question. I have attempted to add both to my ‘Blocked’ list on IE with no success. I also tried a suggestion posted earlier about adding -Block.

It appears to me that these items are initiating at start up and running in the background. That is why I think they need to be located on my laptop. Again, in my ignorance, I decided to perform a search on my ‘C’ drive with no luck.

To answer your requests:

1. Removed both toolbars with no success.

2. I have several svchost.exe processes running. How do I differentiate among these? I don’t know if any are running a Network Service.

Thanks for the help. This has been a real learning experience. I told a friend at work I stopped trying to learn systems when Windows95 came out. Technology was moving too fast, and I decided to just enjoy the use of the computers without learning the nuts & bolts. Now I need to catch up!!

Thanks...

As a followup, I did access my Task list through a command prompt and did not locate any svchost.exe processes associated with a Network Service.

While waiting for this page to load, I clicked on the My Yahoo tab, and the bottom scrolled something like: 'waiting: yieldmanager . . .' Evidently yield manager was loading right along with My Yahoo!!

Yep

These are also used in some web based email sites (they are in my Yahoo). When you re-visit the email the cookies are re-created.

All the best, woz of oz

Remove From Yahoo!?

Yep

All the best, woz of oz

It wasn't the email that opened initially, but the Yahoo startup page if that's different. BTW, I just opened IE and it did the same. What if I remove My Yahoo from the start up and open My YAHOO later?

Also, if it is My Yahoo that yieldmanager is attatched to HOW DO I REMOVE IT!!

Thanks

Ran Hijack This

Accessed another forum and ran 'Hijack This'. It is possible that:

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - (no file)

is the culprit. I can "Fix Checked" which will take the following action:

Registry key and CSLID key are deleted, BHO dll file is deleted.

If I'm wrong what would be the consequence?

Thanks

Hi watchgeek2,

That is yahoo companion Browser Helper Object.

You can delete it, and if you need again, installing will put it back.

Go ahead you will not loose anything and the reason of the culprit may well be that.

Cheers.

As you can tell my PC education is very limited, and when anything involves the dreaded registry, my palms get sweaty, blood pressure goes up and I start losing my nerve . . . with that said, I felt the a BHO really couldn't prevent a meltdown.

Also, did a little research and found that 'Installashield' was running in the background. I went into Task Manager, deleted it and my PC is already running much better.

Thanks for the help. Will give this a try.

Archived