IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

zenok antivirus

SECURITY360

zenok is a antivirus colombiano

Edit! I removed the link - that was a bad start in the forum Security360 - If you don't know if the company is trustworthy then DON'T leave advertising links.

I'll give you the benefit of doubt this once.

solbjerg

who made this antivirus say it has

* Antivirus and Antispyware

* Boot-up Protection

* Secure E-mail

* Messenger, Yahoo, Skype, ICQ Chats Protection

* P2P Shield

* Safe Web Surfing

* Secure Downloads

* Ultra-light scanning

* Hourly updates

saludos :mrgreen:

Hmmm, never heard of it before.

Interesting comment here :

http://www.davescomputertips.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1006

Choosing an AV software is a VERY important decision for every computer owner and I can see the appeal of having an included online backup option.

However, this software has NOT been tested by ANY of the reputable organizations that test AntiVirus programs! Those who have done unofficial testing have noted very poor detection!

Con:

This company has no prior reputation in the anti-virus industry

No testing by reputable organization

Unofficial testing shows poor detection rates

Unofficial testing shows poor scan speed

Parts of the user interface are in Chinese (exe properties)

Uses an outdated Bit-Defender AV engine

Their domain is registered through Joker.com - what reputable business would register their domain at joker.com?

Pro:

Nice looking user interface

Food for thought..

===

Bad Bad Bad!!!

Hi Mr so sad

Pity you did not see this before I did.

Trust the member! for recommending the program!

I am not Happy I installed this ,was very lucky no harm was done.

That i hope any how,.!!

Joker.com? yes it was a bad joke .

A comment from the link you provided Mr. So_sad, and perhaps for IObit reputation as well?

Hey FD! The link was removed for the safety of our members and to protect DCT's reputation.

"I'm all for new and free software, but I hate misleading tactics."

Be aware!! this is Rouge ware!!

Mr Bean

What I got in my E-MAIL?

Welcome to a world of free computer security. With 99,97%* success rate ZEN OK FREE ANTIVIRUS 2010 finds malware that other programs miss. Click on the following link and activate ZEN OK:

***://web.zenok.com/users/activation/3890/5a13ad8fd011a7bd0cd3cd9b3f092a4d[/url]

Your password for ZenOK is: ***67SrG

Make the most of ZenOK by adding all your important files to your online backup. Activate Online Backup and enjoy bullet proof data protection.

Get started

Add files now

The more files you have, the more online backups you can make. Test Online Backup

Create a backup account to discover how an online backup works for you.

Protect your most valuable digital moments of life: Be ZenOK!

and it activated this back up en-gen!

So my ask, is any harm done??

This is not good ! and very upsetting!

Please Mr So_sad Advice me here.

Thank you.

Hi Mr Bean,

hi Mr so sad

Pity you did not see this before I did.

I think you meant it the other way around :

"Pity I did not see this before you did."

Sorry to hear about your bad experience there. I guess I have a sixth sense for this kind of stuff.

My only question now is : is our new member "SECURITY360" associated with these people in any way ? Looking to promote this "antivirus" perhaps ?

I hope not.

===

Hi,

Hard to say. Did you pay them any money, to "activate" something ? Credit card number ? If so, there's no telling what they could do... or try to do. If you have supplied them with your credit card number, I would advise you to call your credit card company and ask them if they can stop the transaction. Furthermore, tell them to not accept any other transactions coming from that company. If they have your money for the "activation", I highly doubt they will give it back if you ask, but you could try.

Yuck.

I don't think I have to mention this to you, but I'll do it anyway, for others out there perhaps : never trust any "ad" for unknown products, even when it comes from a member on a forum. Do some research first...

===

Mr So_sad, thank you for the reply on this.

"activate" something ?

The only activation was done by E-mail.

That installed the back up feature.

This I assumed to be for the drive, and on line as well

Next hitting this in the e-mail client ,was done by installing a Number, and download something.

Then a pop up by browser showed itself. As you can see in the attachment in POST #4

As soon as I saw the payment "activate" the back up pop up, not clicking on any thing, captured the Screen.

Stopped the program, rebooted and used IObit uninstaller .

What worried me was the wording "activate", and a sent Email, but nothing was supplied to them with credit card numbers.

"never trust any "ad" for unknown products, even when it comes from a member on a forum."

Yes, a silly oversight.

MR bean

Hi So_sad

I just saw this.

I have edited his post and removed the link.

For the time being I am giving him the benefit of doubt, but he is very close to a banning.

The information you found on the company sounds omnious and every precaution should be taken.

I hope you didn't leave any of your sensitive information by them Mr. Bean, - that suggestion from them sounded very suspicious.

I am sorry that we did not see and check this earlier, before you jumped in.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi,

Hard to say. Did you pay them any money, to "activate" something ? Credit card number ? If so, there's no telling what they could do... or try to do. If you have supplied them with your credit card number, I would advise you to call your credit card company and ask them if they can stop the transaction. Furthermore, tell them to not accept any other transactions coming from that company. If they have your money for the "activation", I highly doubt they will give it back if you ask, but you could try.

Yuck.

I don't think I have to mention this to you, but I'll do it anyway, for others out there perhaps : never trust any "ad" for unknown products, even when it comes from a member on a forum. Do some research first...

===

Hi there SECURITY360,

The link you posted isn't for the Infosypware forum. Do you have a link for it ? I'd like to read about it there.

You do mean this forum, right ?

http://www.infospyware.com/

Thanks.

Mr Bean : you should be fine..

sorry mistook me give the link :mrgreen:

http://www.infospyware.com/

is in Spanish, but you could download the google toolbar which I think comes with a translator :wink:

saludos :lol:

Thank you for the link ;-)

I found it right after I posted (Google). I also let Google translate it for me, which isn't perfect, but I got some interesting information out of that thread.

I especially like member Herrante's tests. Very-very interesting findings.

I will need to do some tests here, but I suspect something very funky is going on with this product. I won't say more until I test a few things, and that won't happen for a few days because I have no time to test at the moment.

All I can say is this : the product is full of bugs so I don't recommend it. Not now anyway, and my tests may reveal some things worse than bugs...

===

I know it this is the current antivirus I'm using, so far so good ZenOK Free Antivirus has this all feautures that keeps my pc safe and running-

Edit by wozofoz: klein, your previous post was deleted because you posted a link that had already been deleted in the first post, I thought that would be obvious.

Zenok is being investigated, there will be no link until it is cleared as ok.

If you insist on posting the link you will be banned

Hi there,

Well, this is pure rubbish.

Warning, before you install this junk, please Google it.

5 years ahead of any they state.! Yes I agree, take 5 years to catch up if they do at all.

Want a free anti virus to beat this hands down? Install Clam AV. At least it finds the odd virus.

MR bean

• 1 month later...

Archived