IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

sercurity 360 portable.

andy64

i might be over reacting here, or it might just be a silly question, if so im sorry for my ignorance, but could this ever happen, i have sercurity 360 portable on a memory stick, now if a PC is infected with any 'nasties' and i use my memory stick with Surcurity 360 on to try to fix it, is it possible that the 'nasties' could jump on to my memory stick and infect that. thanks all.

Hi Andy64,

Yes, there is a possibility for that to happen.

An antivirus program such as AVG or NOD32 in the memory stick will help that not to happen.

A specific a/v for USB is Naevius USB Antivirus. Please make sure that the A/V program and database is updated.

You can write protect your USB stick with the build in switch, or use USB Write Protector or Thumbscrew program for that if the function is missing.

Of course, this will void the quarantine function of portable IS360 on the USB stick.

Similar protection is to create a dummy file to fill all the available space in USB stick with a program such as Dummy File Creator.

Last is USB Firewall to protect the USB stick from malicious Autorun.inf files.

Cheers.

Archived