IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Google jump virus

dcoombs

My Computer

Greetings Superdave,

By all appearance you have solved the Google jump virus. There is no indication that I am being redirected anymore!

I do seem to be having some weird stuff going on at boot time since we started this effort but I don't think it's virus related. Sometimes (about 50% of the time) After windows comes up it hangs. I alt ctl del and log off then log back on and it works fine.

Also my EAV Antivirus software no longer functions since running the various programs we ran. I haven't tried to fix it while we continued working. Should I just go ahead and reload it or do you have other suggestions?

I do seem to be having some weird stuff going on at boot time since we started this effort but I don't think it's virus related. Sometimes (about 50% of the time) After windows comes up it hangs. I alt ctl del and log off then log back on and it works fine.

Try running this to see what's starting. You can customize it to start whatever you want to start.

StartupLite

Download StartupLite by MalwareBytes to your Desktop.

Doubleclick StartupLite.exe to launch the program.

Ensure the Disable box is checked.

Click Continue.

A pop up message will tell you the unecessary startup items in your list have been disabled and ask you to restart your computer.

Re-start your computer.

Also my EAV Antivirus software no longer functions since running the various programs we ran. I haven't tried to fix it while we continued working. Should I just go ahead and reload it or do you have other suggestions?

Yes. You should update it asap and make sure that it's kept updated.

Let's do some cleanup. You can delete Security Check. You may keep SAS and MBAM, if you wish. Update them and run them once in a while to keep the bugs out.

* Click START then RUN - Vista users press the Windows Key and the R keys together for the Run box.

* Now type commy /uninstall in the runbox

* Make sure there's a space between commy and /Uninstall

* Then hit Enter

* The above procedure will:

* Delete the following:

* ComboFix and its associated files and folders.

* Reset the clock settings.

* Hide file extensions, if required.

* Hide System/Hidden files, if required.

* Set a new, clean Restore Point.

Clean out your temporary internet files and temp files.

Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop.

Double-click TFC.exe to run it.

Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator

TFC will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.

* Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process.

* Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two.

* Please let TFC run uninterrupted until it is finished.

Once TFC is finished it should restart your computer. If it does not, please manually restart the computer yourself to ensure a complete cleaning.

Looking over your log it seems you don't have any evidence of a third party firewall.

Firewalls protect against hackers and malicious intruders. You need to download a free firewall from one of these reliable vendors.

Remember only install ONE firewall

1) Comodo Personal Firewall (Uncheck during installation "Install Comodo SafeSurf..", Make Comodo my default search provider" and "Make Comodo Search my homepage" and uncheck any HopSurf and/or Ask.com options if you choose this one)

2) Online Armor

3) Agnitum Outpost

4) PC Tools Firewall Plus

If you are using the built-in Windows XP firewall, it is not recommended as it does not block outgoing connections. This means that any malware on your computer is free to "phone home" for more instructions. Simply put, Windows XP contains a mediocre firewall. This firewall is NO replacement for a dedicated software solution. Remember to use only one firewall at the same time.

Use the Secunia Software Inspector to check for out of date software.

•Click Start Now

•Check the box next to Enable thorough system inspection.

•Click Start

•Allow the scan to finish and scroll down to see if any updates are needed.

•Update anything listed.

----------

Go to Microsoft Windows Update and get all critical updates.

----------

I suggest using WOT - Web of Trust. WOT is a free Internet security addon for your browser. It will keep you safe from online scams, identity theft, spyware, spam, viruses and unreliable shopping sites. WOT warns you before you interact with a risky website. It's easy and it's free.

SpywareBlaster- Secure your Internet Explorer to make it harder for ActiveX programs to run on your computer. Also stop certain cookies from being added to your computer when running Mozilla based browsers like Firefox.

* Using SpywareBlaster to protect your computer from Spyware and Malware

* If you don't know what ActiveX controls are, see here

Protect yourself against spyware using the Immunize feature in Spybot - Search & Destroy. Guide: Use Spybot's Immunize Feature to prevent spyware infection in real-time. Note: To ensure you have the latest Immunizations always update Spybot - Search & Destroy before Immunizing. Spybot - Search & Destroy FAQ

Check out Keeping Yourself Safe On The Web for tips and free tools to help keep you safe in the future.

Also see Slow Computer? It may not be Malware for free cleaning/maintenance tools to help keep your computer running smoothly.

Safe Surfing!

Please do this scan and post the log for the Administrator.

* Open IObit Security 360.

* Click the Update button and download any available updates.

* Choose Quarantine threats when removing them in Scan Parameters of Scan Setting in Options.

* Click Apply and OK buttons.

* Next (on the left) click the Scan button.

* Choose the Full Scan (Scan all hard drives in your computer) option to begin the scan.

* Once the scan has completed click Remove

* Next click Save a Report

* Post the IObit Security 360.log in your next reply.

commy /uninstall

commy /uninstall does not work. I get, "Windows cannot find 'commy' "

Even though commy is on my desk top. I did not go on with the process since I did not know if the results from this step was important for following steps. Please advise.

Delete the Combo-Fix.exe file, C:\Combo-Fix folder, C:\QooBox folder, C:\WINDOWS\nircmd.exe, C:\combo-fix.txt and C:\Combo-Fix-quarantined-files.txt

You may have a problem deleting one folder. If that happens, delete all the files in the folder that you can and leave it.

To set a new Restore Point.

Click Start button , click Control Panel, click System and Maintenance, and then clicking System. In the left pane, click System Protection. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. To turn off System Protection for a hard disk, clear the check box next to the disk, and then click OK. Reboot to Normal Mode.

Click the Start button , click Control Panel, click System and Maintenance, and then click System.

In the left pane, click System Protection. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

To turn on System Protection for a hard disk, select the check box next to the disk, and then click OK.

Now you proceed with the rest of the clean-up.

Online Armor & IObit Security 360.log

1. I installed Online Armor as a firewall but when it's running some programs won't launch such as: Notepad, windows Explorer and AOL. Others launch fine such as: Outlook and Word. I'm running Windows 7 BTW. I tried turning various things on and off in Armor with no effect. Do you know a solution or should I just try a different Firewall?

Following is IObit Security 360.log

IObit Security 360

Version:1.5.0.13

Define Version:2004

Time Elapsed:00:04:13

Objects Scanned:52179

Threats Found:10

|Name|Type|Description|ID|

Tracking Cookies - Removed, Cookies, Cookie:david coombs@quantserve.com/, 7-2072

Tracking Cookies - Removed, Cookies, Cookie:david coombs@ar.atwola.com/adlytics, 7-1653

Tracking Cookies - Removed, Cookies, Cookie:david coombs@eloqua.com/, 7-1797

Tracking Cookies - Removed, Cookies, Cookie:david coombs@interclick.com/, 7-1905

Tracking Cookies - Removed, Cookies, Cookie:david coombs@contextweb.com/, 7-1743

Tracking Cookies - Removed, Cookies, Cookie:david coombs@ar.atwola.com/html, 7-1653

Tracking Cookies - Removed, Cookies, Cookie:david coombs@sojo.advertserve.com/, 7-1627

Tracking Cookies - Removed, Cookies, Cookie:david coombs@atwola.com/, 7-1653

Tracking Cookies - Removed, Cookies, Cookie:david coombs@at.atwola.com/, 7-1653

Tracking Cookies - Removed, Cookies, Cookie:david coombs@cdn.at.atwola.com/, 7-1653

I couldn't use Comodo because it doesn't support 32 bit Windows 7. I did disable it - I had to in order to use Notepad so I could send the log. I have since uninstalled Online Armor and Installed PC Tools Firewall and that seems to be working fine.

Archived