IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Toolbox ruins google chrome

dnordyke

Has anyone use the internet booster and optimized google chrome? ever since i did the optimization using recommended settings Chrome crashes every time i minimize it. If anyone has had this problem and has a fix for it I would love to hear it. I accidentally minimize chrome all the time and it crashes all the time because of it. I currently run win 7 home premium 64 bit with a amd triple core 2.1 ghz and 4gb ram.

I also want to point out that I have tried removing chrome and reinstalling after running several different registry cleaners and restarting several times. I even tried manual removal of registry keys but when i reinstalled the problem persists.

Restore ?

Welcome to the forum dnordyke :smile:

I don't use Chrome so I can't try to reproduce the problem, hopefully a Chrome user will answer soon.

I would like to ask a few basic questions.

Did you try a Restore ? (Internet Booster, top right of screen)

Did you add any extensions at about the same time as you optimized ? (a search finds that some extensions cause problems and crashes)

All the best, woz of oz

Hi dnordyke

Have you tried the unchrome utility?

According to description it will remove the identificators but retain the functionality of Chrome.

Cheers

solbjerg

I have already tried the restore feature multiple times and still no luck. I simply clicked the recommended settings and clicked optimize. I have tried everything i can think of to get this fixed.

Archived