IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

schedule deep optimize?

I'm having a little trouble understanding just what happens when SD 1.5 runs on a schedule. The schedule I've set up specifies a deep optimize, but if I take a peek when it's running, the main screen says it's in defrag only mode. It LOOKS like, going by the time to complete, that it's doing a deep optimize, but the report doesn't let you in on that secret.

So, what's up? Is the main screen fibbing, or is there an issue with the scheduler? And, (perhaps a suggestion for another thread) how about fessing up in the report on what type of defrag was actually performed?

Hi Crunchie

I tested it by me. Here it showed that fast Optimize had run and what fragments it had found and Optimized even though I had set it to Optimal Optimizing. So there must be a small glitch here.

Haven't yet found any log of the action, except in the "Show Report".

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. If you try going to C:\Documents and Settings\User name\Application Data\IObit\IObit SmartDefrag - config.ini

You can set it to use Optimal Optimizing every time if you wish (just write = 3 in the appropriate lines)

Have just done so myself - it works!!

I'm having a little trouble understanding just what happens when SD 1.5 runs on a schedule. The schedule I've set up specifies a deep optimize, but if I take a peek when it's running, the main screen says it's in defrag only mode. It LOOKS like, going by the time to complete, that it's doing a deep optimize, but the report doesn't let you in on that secret.

So, what's up? Is the main screen fibbing, or is there an issue with the scheduler? And, (perhaps a suggestion for another thread) how about fessing up in the report on what type of defrag was actually performed?

Thanks for your rapid reply, solbjerg! re your p.s., your suggestion for setting the config.ini variable to always use Deep Optimize would work for what I'm trying to do. I'm guessing the appropriate variable would be DefragType under Schedule? I'll set it to 3 and see what happens the next time it runs.

Just to repeat, it still seems like a good idea to report in the report the type of defrag action that was done. :idea:

hi Crunchy

"seems like a good idea to report in the report the type of defrag action that was done"

You are absolutely right, it would be good - and ought to be easy - to add that information somewhere in the report.

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks for your rapid reply, solbjerg! re your p.s., your suggestion for setting the config.ini variable to always use Deep Optimize would work for what I'm trying to do. I'm guessing the appropriate variable would be DefragType under Schedule? I'll set it to 3 and see what happens the next time it runs.

Just to repeat, it still seems like a good idea to report in the report the type of defrag action that was done. :idea:

hi Crunchy

"seems like a good idea to report in the report the type of defrag action that was done"

You are absolutely right, it would be good - and ought to be easy - to add that information somewhere in the report.

Cheers

solbjerg

Yes, That's True, But it will Delay 'Version-2' Even MORE, if we add another to the list. :roll: LOL :lol:

Or is that one On the List Already ?

Archived