IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Stop Update prompt??

deckie49

Hi deckie49,

Are you using Game Booster 2 Final or a Beta 2-3?

If you use Game Booster 2 Final, it does not prompt for an update as of now.

But please bear in mind that if you update to GB version 2 Final from a GB Beta version, the Premium version is a paid version. ($9.99 USD.)

The updated version from Beta will be FREE version with some limited functions.

Cheers.

thank you for your reply. i am not using version 2. i am using version 1.6.xx.

that's really part of the issue. version 1.6 works very well on my system and version 2 seems not to. and, i personally have no need or desire to update beyond what i have. seems like the update prompt in this situation is more of a nag screen.

There is no update.exe located in this dir

C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Game Booster

Here is a screenshot of what is being displayed and how I've tried to disable it. How would I disable the update prompt? I've tried renaming the update folder. I've tried editing the update.ini I've tried renaming the update.ini and commenting out everything. Should I delete the update folder? How can I remove this update message without upgrading to 2.0. Please help me :cry:

http://min.us/idbdA8.png

Hi SH

Good idea to tell what has been tried!

What does your update.ini file show - located in the update folder in the program? Just copy the contents and paste it in this post.

Cheers

solbjerg

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/9902/hereugo.jpg

As you can see there is no update folder (and i have no idea why) :shock: Maybe its because I'm using windows XP?

I just installed 1.6 to test this (I was on 2.0).

There is no install folder in 1.6 and you do get a new version available message upon running GB 1.6.

This is probably because GB1.6 is prompting you do install GB2.

This a very common.

I think you will need to upgrade or live with it.

Iobit isn't going to remove this as they want users to use the newest version.

That's ridiculous. I have no intention of upgrading. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I'm using 1.6 and it works exactly as I want it to, no update required.

I'll try turning off my modem when I run it, but I doubt that will work, it's probably hard-coded.

my folder is like shmafia's. no update subfolder.

masterblaster, the issue isn't the money. the issue is having the choice to decide what level of a program i want on my computer. to not be subjected to automatic updates soley for the convenience, or whatever motives the programmers might have. i know alot of programmers think they have to constantly change something about their program to keep people interested. sort of like churning the waters to keep the feeding frenzy going. usually, those changes amount to nothing more than a different gui, or the addition of one new feature and the removal of two. perhaps the old saying, "if it aint broke, don't fix it" means nothing.

but as an end user, i have the right to choose what goes on my system. and, i would think that if a software developer had any real concern for it's customers, they would allow them to have the choice too.

Turning off the modem seemed to work.

Hi deckie49 & Edam,

A warm welcome.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it." ~~Yes exactly!

If the above advice fails, try" block" it with your firewall from linking.

Check the entry in your firewall remove the IObit link Game Booster.

If your firewall asks you again to allow the update link, block it.

The Nag pop up may still show itself, but it cant update.

MR bean

Archived