IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

How many Apps. Do you have on your PC

salty

I have quite a list!

Macrium Reflect- Revo Uninstaller-Malwarebytes-Superantispyware-GMER-Avira-Pagedrg-Foxit Reder-Smart Defrag-Advanced SystemCare-Power Tools Lite-RegSeeker-Eusing Registry Cleaner-CCleaner-Wipe-FastStone Capture-Faststone Photo Resizer- IMG Burn-Search Everything-PC wizard 2010-Spyware Blaster-Microsoft Fix it Center-Process Scanner-Process Explorer Cpuid HW Monitor-Online Armor-Sea Tolls for Windows.

I probably missed a couple, but my typing finger got tired. I don't think I need any more. I don't try any thing new any more

I have every thing I need.

How about you??:roll:

Hi salty,

You have quite a list there.

From experience, I'd have to say this : registry cleaners can be dangerous. Don't use them unless you have expert skills with the Windows registry.

GMER : what do you think you can accomplish with this tool ? Very powerful program. It can destroy a machine in a blink of an eye if used incorrectly. To be handled by people who are guided by someone who knows how to use it, only.

Avira + Online Armor are great though.

Best two tools available, for any PC : your fingers and your brain ;)

===

Hello So_sad

From experience, I'd have to say this : registry cleaners can be dangerous. Don't use them unless you have expert skills with the Windows registry.

I agree; registry cleaners can be dangerous. I believe I have the expert skills to use them.

For those will out the skills; I recommend using the registry cleaner in CCleaner.

GMER : what do you think you can accomplish with this tool ? Very powerful program. It can destroy a machine in a blink of an eye if used incorrectly. To be handled by people who are guided by someone who knows how to use it, only.

I use this tool only to tell me if I have a problem. The way I understand the program; if there is a problem, it will show red. If it ever shows Red, I will be seeking your help.

Best two tools available, for any PC : your fingers and your brain ;)

Very good tool!!

PS Why do you cry in your signature?? Boo Hoo (no images allowed)?????

Careful what you post

@ salty I have deleted your post because your 'instructions' could be dangerous!!!!

So_sad is a very knowledgeable member of this forum and when So_sad posts a warning it should be respected.

Do not post potentially dangerous information or links to some eHow type guide!!!!

I will not persue this any further.

Hello!

I do not disrespect So_sad.

I was only replying to his post

I said if I ever saw a Red entry; I would be contacting him for advice. The link I posted was from GMER.

I accept your warning sir, but please don't put some thing in my reply that was not meant to be.

I do not know So_sad, but I respect him, and if I ever think I have an infection, I will be looking him up.

Thank you.

Please don't be so quick to judge.

Delete any of my posts you think are inappropriate, but please don't put some thing in my reply's that aren't there.

I respect your decision and will not pursue this any further."salty I have deleted your post because your 'instructions' could be dangerous!!!!"

So_sad is a very knowledgeable member of this forum and when So_sad posts a warning it should be respected.

Do not post potentially dangerous information or links to some eHow type gui

Screen Print!!

Hello solbjerg.

Here's a screen print.

This is all I was trying to tell So_sad. Nothing more, nothing less.

I meant no disrespect to you or anyone else

PS This is a screen print taken from GMER down load site

Read my posts

I do not disrespect So_sad.

Please read my post before you reply! I wrote:

when So_sad posts a warning it should be respected.

That means his warning should be respected

In Post # 5 you wrote:

I use this tool only to tell me if I have a problem. The way I understand the program; if there is a problem, it will show red. If it ever shows Red, I will be seeking your help.

"If it ever shows Red, I will be seeking your help."

So you acknowledge that So_sad spoke the truth when he said "To be handled by people who are guided by someone who knows how to use it, only" and that So_sad is someone who knows how to use it

But, in the very next reply you posted instructions on how to use GMER that you had copied from a website, you also put a link to the website.

The instructions you posted included "Disable" and "Delete", both of which could be dangerous.

I don't understand why you would post these instructions after agreeing GMER is To be handled by people who are guided by someone who knows how to use it, only.

You are not someone who knows how to use it so don't post instructions on how to use it!!!!!!

I respect your decision and will not pursue this any further

Please do that.

Hello solbjerg.

Here's a screen print.

This is all I was trying to tell So_sad. Nothing more, nothing less.

I meant no disrespect to you or anyone else

I can't see any post of solbjerg in this thread yet.

Negotiations with Administrators are not taken well in this Forum.

Cheers.

Hi guys,

salty : I didn't see your post, but I have an idea what its content was. I just had a look at the site (eHow) and, oh my, not to be read by some people for sure !

GMER is a lot more complex than you may think. Bad entries aren't always shown in red, and some non malicious entries can (although rarely) show up as red. The poorly written tutorial (link removed by Woz - thank you) goes as far as suggesting to fix all entries shown in red. Well... that's highly dangerous, because even Windows protected files would succumb to that treatment, so you better know what you're doing.

Even some bad entries shown in red shoudn't be removed, depending on the infection. But I won't get into it, as the tool is not intended to be used "freely".

CCleaner can be just as dangerous as any other registry cleaner. I've seen a few people on forums report their machine was unbootable after letting CCleaner "fix" registry entries. The program can make a backup of your registry before cleaning, but that's useless if you can longer boot into Windows, to get your precious backup ;)

Fortunately for many, CCleaner doesn't clean the registry when default settings are untouched.

About me crying in my signature (LOL) : yeah, I do that a lot. Just look at my avatar and nick. I used to have a link in my sig, which led to a nice picture of flowers, intended for a former lady forum member. The admins had to make some changes, for security reasons, so links and images were removed from signatures and are no longer allowed. BOO-HOO :mrgreen:

===

I have no problem with deleting my post!!

Hello So_sad

salty : I didn't see your post, but I have an idea what its content was. I just had a look at the site (eHow) and, oh my, not to be read by some people for sure !

I meant no disrespect to you sir. I was only replying to your post. I did not read (eHow). but I will for sure!

I have no problem with my post being deleted by solbjerg. My problem was what was read into my reply. I'm sure you are well respected on this site, and I'll be contacting you if I ever need a malware fighter.

If you feel in any way I was disrespecting sir; please except my sincere apology's.

PS I take it that Nick my be your son. Very nice looking boy. I have two great grand kids. One has been interviewed to be a model. I have my fingers crossed for him.Yes I said him. I thank you for your reply sir. I will be very careful with GMER.

Don't worry about it, salty. I read no disrespect towards me whatsoever.

But I know why Woz deleted your post. Not because you meant to do harm, but because you linked to a tutorial that could lead members from this forum to experiment with a tool capable of destroying, if used incorrectly. That's all there is to it. You didn't and couldn't realize just how dangerous it could be, so you posted about it. That's why Moderators exist :wink:

===

I'm done responding!!

Please do that.

Cheers.

I have only replied to So_ sad and apologized .I'm not negotiating with anyone. I will not reply further no mater what more is posted on this thread.

Read before replying

I did not read (eHow). but I will for sure!

You put a link (2 actually) in your post to eHow and your 'instructions' were a direct copy from the eHow page.

How can you say "I did not read (eHow)"

I have no problem with my post being deleted by solbjerg.

Are you reading these posts ??????

I deleted your reply not solbjerg

My problem was what was read into my reply.

Nothing was read into your reply.

Your reply was potentially dangerous and so it was deleted by me

Please read the posts by other members thoroughly before replying.

This is going no where. I'm not looking for a fight!

Please do that.

Cheers.

Cheers.

I'm sorry I got my administrators mixed up. I now apologize To Mr. solbjerg I'm out of here. This crap is going no where, and making me look like a bad person, and I'm not.

Archived