IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Possibly general problem--possibly unique to my computer

Osage

Like many, I upgraded to to the 2.0 beta version of the iobit defrag.

Last night I noticed my XP pro computer---from either the guest account--or the administrative account refused to shut down.

I am not yet at the definitive proof stage---but it seems both related to iobit defrag---and also opting for a comprehensive rather than express defrag in the manual defrag options menu.

But once I select shut down microsoft windows--nothing happens until I actually exit from iobit defrag 2.0 beta---and then windows shuts down correctly.

And while I tore some hair out at first---once I know what the problem is--its a mouse click away from cure---with iobit a keeper--and it may just be with my system---but if it saves anyone else any frustration--its worth the post.

Thank you samr,

I guess I should have better checked posts before I posted.

I am also concerned that I will somehow be perceived as bashing iobit, when in fact I think its a fine product---but its just the nature of computer programs to be unpredictable---and the process of reporting problems is the first step in getting those problems solved. :) :)

I think everybody on this forum are sold on the Iobit programs. I love them and trust them! But everything can have bugs, and anybody having problems should post them. The better the descriptions of the problems, the easier it is for them to figure out the cause and get them fixed. It may be a great help to them. By posting the problems you have it can also be a great help to other users. I have learned alot about these programs by reading other people's posts and ways they find to get around bugs. Constructive criticism can work wonders!

samr.

Archived