IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

spyware/spy sniper

rizlaroller

When I run a Maintain Windows scan,it gets stuck about half way while scanning Spyware/Spy Sniper.

I have stopped and started the scan several times,but still the same.

When I searched IOBit Home page it suggested IS360,but a full scan showed nothing.

Can anyone help ?

p.s. I have never had Spy Sniper on my PC

Hi rizlaroller

Have you tried a full scan with your anti-virus program - or tried one of the online virus scanners? Which anti-virus program do you use?

How much free space do you have? (in percentage please)

Cheers

solbjerg

When I run a Maintain Windows scan,it gets stuck about half way while scanning Spyware/Spy Sniper.

I have stopped and started the scan several times,but still the same.

When I searched IOBit Home page it suggested IS360,but a full scan showed nothing.

Can anyone help ?

p.s. I have never had Spy Sniper on my PC

spyware/spy sniper

A full scan with Avast Free Anti-virus showed nothing.

Malwarebytes Antimalware showed nothing either.

I have 75% free space on an 80gb drive.

I regularly do a disc clean and defrag.

Which online scanner do you recommend ?

Many Thanks for your time and help.

hi rizlaroller

There are several possibilities - I recently tried "Eset" online - worked fine - didn't find anything by me - I have Microsoft Security Essentials installed.

If you search for the two files in question (advanced search/showing both hidden and system files) do you then find any?

Cheers

solbjerg

A full scan with Avast Free Anti-virus showed nothing.

Malwarebytes Antimalware showed nothing either.

I have 75% free space on an 80gb drive.

I regularly do a disc clean and defrag.

Which online scanner do you recommend ?

Many Thanks for your time and help.

FYI rizlaroller,

ASC is only looking for the presence of Spyware/Spy Sniper in the PC, so it does't mean that it has found anything concerning Spyware/Spy Sniper.

In any case, I would search the name Spy Sniper in Registry editor and delete if existed.

Cheers.

spyware/spy sniper

Hi Soljberg,

A reboot helped with the sticking ASC scan,no problems there now.

Many thanks for suggesting an online scan though.I run Eset yesterday and it found 4 different viruses.It cleaned and quarantined the files and I deleted them along with the program.

A search for spyware/spy sniper showed nothing.I also looked in the registry as

Enoskype suggested,nothing there either.

My PC seems to be running better,but how can I know if it's 100% clean ?

Cheers

rizlaroller

Hi rizlaroller

As enoskype said - if you have only seen them in the program that scans for malware - what you are seeing is which malware it is checking for - the program has a long list of malware definitions that it checks for. So it isn't showing what it finds there just what malware it is currently checking for.

What antivirus program are you using?

You can try some of the others online too, for example Kaspersky.

The "bad" news is that you can never be 100% certain - every AV program will say that, - and it stands to reason that it probably won't find a sophisticated virus/malware that has just been introduced to the net by one of the vile egomaniacs.

Speedwise I think you should take a look at your startup programs and deactivate any you do not need - don't delete them - just deactivate them - that way you can activate them again easily if need be.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Soljberg,

A reboot helped with the sticking ASC scan,no problems there now.

Many thanks for suggesting an online scan though.I run Eset yesterday and it found 4 different viruses.It cleaned and quarantined the files and I deleted them along with the program.

A search for spyware/spy sniper showed nothing.I also looked in the registry as

Enoskype suggested,nothing there either.

My PC seems to be running better,but how can I know if it's 100% clean ?

Cheers

rizlaroller

Startup Manager

.....Speedwise I think you should take a look at your startup programs and deactivate any you do not need - don't delete them - just deactivate them - that way you can activate them again easily if need be.

Cheers

solbjerg

I agree :smile:

Advanced System Care has a great Startup Manger, simple to use and it has a fantastic feature to check the items online to see if they are necessary at startup or not.

You can firstly un-tick any items that are obvious to you as not necessary at startup then check the rest online :smile:

Don't forget to click Apply when you are happy or the changes will not be saved

See This Post for details and a screenshot

All the best, woz of oz

Archived