IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Password Folder Beta - BSOD

ohmeohmy

I'd like to use Password Folder Beta. I installed the file and tested it's operation, but within 10 minutes I BSOD'd with a "cache_manager" error. I then rebooted 6 times and BSOD'd each time within 5 minutes (2 times during boot). At my next reboot I immediately uninstalled program and BSODs ceased. I have a Gateway cpu with an Intel Core 2 Quad processor - 64bit, 64bit Windows 7 home premium, and 8 -gig of ram. The program looks nice, but I just can't use it. Sorry. :cry:

Ruminating on Password protected folders

Hi

As you all know Windows has the option to share folders or to make them private.

What would have been nice was that one had the opportunity to move folders one had made private with a password to another protected folder fx. called Protected folder or whatever one would call it without calling attention to its function - and have that option as a command in the rightclickmenu.

In that folder the folders and files would not necessarily have to be protected by passwords too.

i.e. create a folder for this and then create a command in the right click menu that give you the opportunity to move the folder into protected storage in the password protected folder you just created.

This can all be done by hand, but it is of course easier to have it done for you with a program, on the other hand you would only have to do it once.

This is not to detract from the possible usefulness of a program - just to show that there are other possibilities :-)

My very sensitive information I don't leave on the computer,-not passwords either - I have all this on a piece af paper that I have written out and have in a place where only I know where it is.

One suggestion could be between the pages of a book that are seldom used. :-) but find your own "secret place" :-)

After I have made the list I delete it from the computer and clean up.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi ohmeohmy

Did you have a user password for opening your computer - and did you place that in the protected folder too?

Cheers

solbjerg

I'd like to use Password Folder Beta. I installed the file and tested it's operation, but within 10 minutes I BSOD'd with a "cache_manager" error. I then rebooted 6 times and BSOD'd each time within 5 minutes (2 times during boot). At my next reboot I immediately uninstalled program and BSODs ceased. I have a Gateway cpu with an Intel Core 2 Quad processor - 64bit, 64bit Windows 7 home premium, and 8 -gig of ram. The program looks nice, but I just can't use it. Sorry. :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

I had this happen to me too. though I have Win7 Professional. Always a crash with cache_manager

Then I had BSOD crashes with various files like NTFS.sys.

These didn't happen until I protected folders. Since uninstalling they have stopped.

Archived