IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Solid State Drives + GB. Good or Bad?

I use an SSD.

I know what most of you will say, "SSDs are fast already, shouldn't really need to use GB". However, the thing I love about GB is that it shuts off certain processes. Unfortunately, what I noticed when I turn the switch on is it says it defrags as well. This is worrisome because from what I've read, defragging is definitely something to not do on SSDs as it will wear it down very fast. Although I run the OS on the ssd, I have all my games, minus starcraft 2 and cod:bo, on my secondary HDD.

What makes me sad is I bought the premium version before I knew that it defragged. So after finding that out, I had to uninstall.

For anyone who uses the good ol' fashion HDD, I would highly recommend this program, it has a lot of very nice features. However, for those with SSDs, be wary.

Maybe I am wrong about the defragging. I did try to search on google and on this forum about whether GB was good or bad combined with SSDs. If anyone at IObit could address this issue, I would love to read a response.

Defragmentation is optional in Game Booster.

Hi lonewolf125,

I think there is a misunderstanding there, as Game Booster 2 DOES NOT defragment automatically.

If you don't wish to defragment any file, then you don't use that function at all, that's it. :grin:

Cheers.

Hi lonewolf

According to your picture it says that 120MB RAM has been defragmented.

This must be a poor choice of words - it probably should have said 120MB RAM released.

Cheers

solbjerg

I use an SSD.

I know what most of you will say, "SSDs are fast already, shouldn't really need to use GB". However, the thing I love about GB is that it shuts off certain processes. Unfortunately, what I noticed when I turn the switch on is it says it defrags as well. This is worrisome because from what I've read, defragging is definitely something to not do on SSDs as it will wear it down very fast. Although I run the OS on the ssd, I have all my games, minus starcraft 2 and cod:bo, on my secondary HDD.

What makes me sad is I bought the premium version before I knew that it defragged. So after finding that out, I had to uninstall.

For anyone who uses the good ol' fashion HDD, I would highly recommend this program, it has a lot of very nice features. However, for those with SSDs, be wary.

Maybe I am wrong about the defragging. I did try to search on google and on this forum about whether GB was good or bad combined with SSDs. If anyone at IObit could address this issue, I would love to read a response.

Hi solbjerg, you are absolutely right, and when translating, I have used the translation of the word released instead of defragmented for the next release of GB2.

Although there is a concept of RAM defragmentation, non of the IObit's products do RAM defragmentation, but release unused memory.

@lonewolf125, even if it were the RAM (Random Access Memory) defragmentation, it is nothing to do with an SSD drive.

Cheers.

Hi enoskype

Yes it really shows that giving a screenshot is a good idea!!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg, you are absolutely right, and when translating, I have used the translation of the released instead of defragmented for the next release of GB2.

Although there is a concept of RAM defragmentation, non of the IObit's products do RAM defragmentation, but release unused memory.

@lonewolf125, even if it were the RAM (Random Access Memory) defragmentation, it is nothing to do with an SSD drive.

Cheers.

Archived