IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Birthdays

solbjerg

How do you all feel about having you birthdays deleted?

The reason is that some twenty thousand birthdays belongs to fictious members (spammers) and I for one am irritated by all those shown birthdays.

You can all after that clean up configure your User CP to show your birthday again!

Just thought I would use a sounding line first :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Not worried BUT

Hi Enoskype,

not bothered either way, although mines hidden,

BUT is this a good way of spotting spammers, especially if there

01 01 XX,

01 04 XX,(april fools day)

(ddmmyy)

Roy

after re-reading i take it that there is a seperate file/program that automatically checks and places them in the Birthdays section.

Clear them out

hi enoskype

No it has not anything to do with finding spammers, if that was the case we could just delete those instead of all.

The spambots automatically insert birthdays when registering as members because some forums at one time implemented that one had too give one's birthday in order to block the spambots that hadn't at that time adopted the more advanced engine they use now.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Roy,

I agree with you, but I don't think solbjerg's wish is anything to do with spotting spammers.

A function which can be used for better purposes is destroyed by spammers.

solbjerg, please correct me if I am wrong!

Cheers.

Archived