IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

BSOD on registry scan

RayDube

Hello gents and ladies,

I'm trying to help a friend with a pc that has ASC installed, formerly pro, but recently expired.

Now he's having a problem with the registry scan that causes the BSOD to appear about 2/3 of the way through a registry scan.

The BSOD shows the regular:

"A problem has been dete4cted and Windows has been shut down...."

With the note:

REGISTRY_ERROR

Is there any hope for the old XP laptop, or are we looking at reformat to factory defaults here?

Ray

Hi Ray

Some more information about age, condition, OS, disk size, free space and the like would be good.

I suppose that you have tried a chkdsk and perhaps even a clean install of ASC?

May I suggest that you download SpeedFan. Start it-choose the tab S.M.A.R.T. - there choose the harddisk you want to check - C:\ isn't it? Probably there called HD0

Click the large button: Perform an in-depth online analyses of this harddisk.

It will then generate information as to what state your computer or rather your disk/drive is in.

You can then decide if it is a new harddisk that is necessary.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello gents and ladies,

I'm trying to help a friend with a pc that has ASC installed, formerly pro, but recently expired.

Now he's having a problem with the registry scan that causes the BSOD to appear about 2/3 of the way through a registry scan.

The BSOD shows the regular:

"A problem has been dete4cted and Windows has been shut down...."

With the note:

REGISTRY_ERROR

Is there any hope for the old XP laptop, or are we looking at reformat to factory defaults here?

Ray

• 1 month later...

Sorry to have not gotten back to this in a while, but a quick report.

Did all the tests suggested, ran speed fan but that proved to be not of value, didn't quite get results that were helpful.

Checked the integrity of the hard disk, and it proved to be fine, but found a couple of software hijacks that were "deep" and difficult to remove.

Managed to clean it up pretty well, but still had a few issues. We relented and restored the factory defaults.

Things are now much better, pops is much happier now that the laptop is running smoother, and faster than before.

I think it's a pretty good idea every once in a while to return to scratch, it's just some of those dang digital copies that get screwed... :(

Thanks again for the help!

Ray

Archived