IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Clearing the Defense Cache

Vjax

I have personal sites I want to remove so my roommate doesn't see, when you perform the "Security Defense" scan on the Diagnose System section, it shows all of the Defenses that it has blocked. If you are able, how do you clear this cache? Thanks, :).

Hi Vjax

You can - but you should NOT. The defense cache as you call it is just a list of malware definitions that block that malware from entering your computer. Therefore it would not be wise to clear that cache.

If you just want to hide some folders or files from your roommate I suggest you just make them private with a password.

Right click the folder-choose properties and then choose to make the folder private, - it will then ask you for a password - you enter one and that's it.

But you then HAVE TO REMEMBER that/those passwords.

You will need the password to open the folder yourself!!

Don't ask your roommate to help you remember :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

I have personal sites I want to remove so my roommate doesn't see, when you perform the "Security Defense" scan on the Diagnose System section, it shows all of the Defenses that it has blocked. If you are able, how do you clear this cache? Thanks, :).

Archived