IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Immediate suggestions

captainron

New interface is awesome, but I found some things right off:

1. SETTINGS:context menu options are grayed
  2. ENGINE:on daily care scan exception raised on the privacy sweep part(see bug report)
  3. ENGINE:in a un-replicable case the detail window in daily care scan for malware wouldn't close and I had to kill the process
  4. ENGINE:after a scan+repair settings button top-right doesn't launch window even after I go to other sections, on main interface hour glass shows for a sec when i click it though
  5. ENGINE:defragment on deep care progress bar out of sync, was around 3/10 when finished
  6. ENGINE:tool box grayed out
  7. SUGGESTION:cleanup of \program files\ and \program file(x86)\ by cross-referencing registry(should of been done a long time ago IMO, it and root are polluted by everything)
  8. SUGGESTION:balloon tips on junk file clean options in settings menu
  9. SUGGESTION:automatic sweep can't adopt settings from privacy sweep anymore, this shouldn't have been removed

PasteBin of bugreport.txt

1. progress bar and highlighting current action is heavily out of sync on old XP SP3 machine
  2. repair button does nothing on old XP SP3 machine
  3. UI becomes unresponsive after scans on old XP SP3 machine
  4. updater downloads but never updates every start on old XP SP3 machine

2.33Ghz Pentium D with PCIe 6600GT 256MB and 512MB RAM XP SP3

EDIT: after running 3.7.2 FREE on this old machine both 3 and 4 UIs are in sync and responsive. Updater on 4 still broken.

• SUGGESTION:make registry keys and file paths in reports copyable and/or make a save to text file button(I was going to report on redundant findings this morning and couldn't)
  • SUGGESTION:balloon tips in Privacy sweep lists in settings, or some form of scrollable box at bottom that shows description. I suggested this for Junk File Clean settings options too.
  • SUGGESTION:fix UI responsiveness on low memory machines with unoptimized OS(read my old XP machine post)

Other than some redundancy things in scans, I think that is all I can find in beta 4.

• SUGGESTION: Better uninstall registry and windows directory cleanup, like ms uninstall cleaner does. 3.7.3 and beta4 doesn't even touch rogue entries..
  • SUGGESTION: better cleaning of shared libraries and local machine classes in registry

agree.I want a new one.

• SUGGESTION: Place default registry ACL on subkeys in registry that have no owner or 'trustees'. This will inadvertently fix literally thousands of software errors that MS and third party support communities have never been able to fix without restore or reformat. Especially for MS software installers like WLM, Office etc..that register a lot of components with each version.

Also help clean malware.

update doesn't show % of download

while updating it doesn't show downlaod percentage.

New interface is awesome, but I found some things right off:

1. SETTINGS:context menu options are grayed
  2. ENGINE:on daily care scan exception raised on the privacy sweep part(see bug report)
  3. ENGINE:in a un-replicable case the detail window in daily care scan for malware wouldn't close and I had to kill the process
  4. ENGINE:after a scan+repair settings button top-right doesn't launch window even after I go to other sections, on main interface hour glass shows for a sec when i click it though
  5. ENGINE:defragment on deep care progress bar out of sync, was around 3/10 when finished
  6. ENGINE:tool box grayed out
  7. SUGGESTION:cleanup of \program files\ and \program file(x86)\ by cross-referencing registry(should of been done a long time ago IMO, it and root are polluted by everything)
  8. SUGGESTION:balloon tips on junk file clean options in settings menu
  9. SUGGESTION:automatic sweep can't adopt settings from privacy sweep anymore, this shouldn't have been removed

PasteBin of bugreport.txt

• 1 month later...

My beta 1.5 report. This is everything.

• ENGINE:defragment on deep care progress bar out of sync, was around 3/10 when finished
  • ENGINE:Improve UI responsiveness on old hardware with heavily unoptimized OS[link=http://forums.iobit.com/showpost.php?p=54406&postcount=5](read this test post)[/link]
  • ENGINE:Make all reports exportable to *.txt through a save-location prompt
  • ENGINE:MS Uninstaller Cleaner grade uninstall scanning
  • ENGINE:Generic fix on registry entries with wrong/corrupted ACL(this fixes a lot of software errors)(read this post)
  • ENGINE:Fix sync on updater
  • ENGINE:Skip option on scans instead of stop
  • ENGINE:Fix clean and security defense bug that cleans 218 blocked domains
  • SETTINGS:balloon tips on junk file clean options in settings menu
  • SETTINGS:automatic sweep can't adopt settings from privacy sweep anymore, this shouldn't have been removed
  • SETTINGS:Fix context menu checkbox bug in General and add check-all and check-none buttons
  • SETTINGS:Make 0/None option in backup section
  • SETTINGS:The ability to jump to a section from double click in log viewer
  • TOOLBOX:No recently
  • TOOLBOX:Take context menu out of IE helper and put in system control->Menu
  • TOOLBOX:Make Internet Booster work with all supported browsers different versions of config files instead of corrupting by writing old format.

Archived