IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Passive protection

gorygordon

Some time ago I downloaded iObit Advanced System Care and am a pro user. The iObit 360 came as a free add on. My problem is neither program protects my computer from adware. I select the security Defense in both iObit 360 and Advance System Care and every day I get the same adware programs it is supposed to block. Then in iObit 360 I run the scan and it shows adware.I click remove. It says it has removed then I run the scan again and there is the same adware it supposedly removed in the prior scan. Can you help?

Hi gordon

Isn't it mostly tracking cookies that are found?

Have you noticed that you will get them even if you haven't actively searched the net?

The reason is that they are embedded in some of the programs you use, - often particulary toolbars and are therefore generated anew every time they are removed.

Cheers

solbjerg

Some time ago I downloaded iObit Advanced System Care and am a pro user. The iObit 360 came as a free add on. My problem is neither program protects my computer from adware. I select the security Defense in both iObit 360 and Advance System Care and every day I get the same adware programs it is supposed to block. Then in iObit 360 I run the scan and it shows adware.I click remove. It says it has removed then I run the scan again and there is the same adware it supposedly removed in the prior scan. Can you help?

what i use

Hi Gorygordon,

I use Firefox, IE dissabled,

Tools>options>privacy>cookies>ask me every time.

This sets up my blacklist within the browser, not sure if IE does the same.

Hence i do not use or need either AWC or 360 to run the cookie option.

Roy

Archived