IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

GB didnt do anything

stomper

Hi,

Just installed GB (latest version) and went premium (have some non microsoft stuff i wanted to freeze when playing).

Im on Windows 7 Ultimate I5 and 6GB RAM

In normal mode, cpu jumps between 0-3% and RAM is at 1.30GB when idle

In game mode, cpu jumps between 0-1% and RAM is at 1.20GB when idle

game does seem to be a bit smoother, maybe because of the defrag.

but my ping is still high (which is what i was hoping to fix) and game mode doesnt really seem to do a real boost to the pc.

maybe there are stuff i should delete from the whitelist?

thoughts?

Regards,

Stomper.

Hi stomper

What do you have in the whitelist?

With the amount of RAM you have I am not sure that you should expect a very large effect from using GB

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi,

Just installed GB (latest version) and went premium (have some non microsoft stuff i wanted to freeze when playing).

Im on Windows 7 Ultimate I5 and 6GB RAM

In normal mode, cpu jumps between 0-3% and RAM is at 1.30GB when idle

In game mode, cpu jumps between 0-1% and RAM is at 1.20GB when idle

game does seem to be a bit smoother, maybe because of the defrag.

but my ping is still high (which is what i was hoping to fix) and game mode doesnt really seem to do a real boost to the pc.

maybe there are stuff i should delete from the whitelist?

thoughts?

Regards,

Stomper.

Hi solbjerg,

Yeah, i didnt expect it to reduce the ram that much. it never maxed out or anything.

my goal with GB was to reduce my ping. i want to delete from my whitelist anything that may cause high ping.

is firewall too risky to remove when playing a game?

[services]

AntiVirService=

AntiVirSchedulerService=

avast! Antivirus=

avast! Mail Scanner=

avast! Web Scanner=

avg9emc=

avg9wd=

DrWebFwSvc=

DrWebEngine=

mfefire=

McNASvc=

McOobeSv=

McMPFSvc=

McProxy=

McODS=

mcmscsvc=

McAfee=

mfevtp=

McNaiAnn=

McShield=

UPDATESRV=

Update Server=

VSSERV=

cmdAgent=

CLPSLS=

AVP=

MsMpSvc=

EHttpSrv=

ekrn=

sdAuxService=

sdCoreService=

NAV=

SfCtlCom=

TmPfw=

TmProxy=

TMBMServer=

PAVFNSVR=

Gwmsrv=

PSIMSVC=

PAVSRV=

PavPrSrv=

PskSvcRetail=

Panda Software Controller=

TPSrv=

PCToolsFirewallPlus=

SvcOnlineArmor=

OAcat=

IswSvc=

acssrv=

PnkBstrA=

PnkBstrB=

[Apps]

avgnt.exe=

avguard.exe=

avshadow.exe=

sched.exe=

AvastUI.exe=

AvastSvc.exe=

avgchsvx.exe=

avgcsrvx.exe=

avgemc.exe=

avgnsx.exe=

avgrsx.exe=

avgtray.exe=

avgwdsvc.exe=

mcagent.exe=

mcshield.exe=

dwengine.exe

frwl_notify.exe=

frwl_svc.exe=

McSvHost.exe=

mfefire.exe=

mfevtps.exe=

bdagent.exe=

odscanui.exe=

updatesrv.exe=

vsserv.exe=

cfp.exe=

CLPSLS.exe=

cmdagent.exe=

avp.exe=

msseces.exe=

MsMpEng.exe=

egui.exe=

ekrn.exe=

pctsAuxs.exe=

pctsSvc.exe=

pctsTray.exe=

ccSvcHst.exe=

TMBMSRV.exe=

TmPfw.exe=

TmProxy.exe=

PavFnSvr.exe=

PsImSvc.exe=

ApVxdWin.exe=

PavPrSrv.exe=

PsCtrlS.exe=

FirewallGUI.exe=

FirewallGUI.exe=

oacat.exe=

OAReg.exe=

ForceField.exe=

ISWSVC.exe=

zlclient.exe=

op_mon.exe=

FireWall.exe=

PnkBstrA.exe=

Hi stomper

I am no eagle at this, but from a cursory look it seems that you have several anti-virus programs running.

It is advisable only to use one program, deactivate the others.

If you play online it is not advisable to deactivate your firewall.

Do you have more than one firewall too?? Just use one!!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg,

Yeah, i didnt expect it to reduce the ram that much. it never maxed out or anything.

my goal with GB was to reduce my ping. i want to delete from my whitelist anything that may cause high ping.

is firewall too risky to remove when playing a game?

Hi stomper

I am no eagle at this, but from a cursory look it seems that you have several anti-virus programs running.

Hi solbjerg,

The only anti virus program ive installed is NOD32. if theres another one than its one from microsoft (which i dont know what is what from all those services).

If you play online it is not advisable to deactivate your firewall.

Do you have more than one firewall too?? Just use one!!

The only software firewall i use is windows firewall. there should be one on my routher, but i understood i should have a software one as well at all time.

@ enoskype,

When i search for a server, even if i find one that says 80-90, in the actual game i get about 120.

also, on some servers my ping gets to 300+ while my friends keep the same ping they did all the time.

i found GB when i searched on google for a way to reduce my ping, so i was under the impression it stops all kind of windows online services that may cuase this.

Regards,

Stomper.

Hi stomper

The list you left shows these in the services

In your services Antivir is mentioned, Avast is, AVG is, McAfee is, panda software controller is, PCtools firewall is, Online Armor is.

But if it is your ping time you could try to follow enoskypes guide on how to set your internet optimizing. There should be a link to it in Usage of IObit Products (link in my signature)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg,

The only anti virus program ive installed is NOD32. if theres another one than its one from microsoft (which i dont know what is what from all those services).

The only software firewall i use is windows firewall. there should be one on my routher, but i understood i should have a software one as well at all time.

@ enoskype,

When i search for a server, even if i find one that says 80-90, in the actual game i get about 120.

also, on some servers my ping gets to 300+ while my friends keep the same ping they did all the time.

i found GB when i searched on google for a way to reduce my ping, so i was under the impression it stops all kind of windows online services that may cuase this.

Regards,

Stomper.

• 2 weeks later...
But if it is your ping time you could try to follow enoskypes guide on how to set your internet optimizing. There should be a link to it in Usage of IObit Products (link in my signature)

Hi Solbjerg,

Im looked at that thread a few times, but could not find it.

ill appriciate it if you could find a direct link to it.

Also, i have an issue with automaticly returning to normal mode when i close a game. it doesnt do it. i checked the option under general and it is ticked to do it automaticly.

Regards,

Stomper.

Hi stomper,

Did you start the game from Game Box? "Automaticly returning to normal mode" function only works if you use the shortcut dragged from Desktop to Game box and the game is started from that dragged icon in the Game box.

For the links, they are under FireFoxTCP Optimizer part in ASC Utilities post in USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS thread, which are also referred in Internet Booster part in Additional Utilities post in the same thread.

Cheers.

Hi,

Yes, i am starting the game from the game box. it does make gb to switch to game mode when i start it, but after closing it it stays the same and doesnt switch back.

I dragged the shortcuts to the game box and not the original exe file if it makes any difference.

Regards,

Stomper.

Windows online services does not take up much bandwidth usually, unless your PC is windows updating, windows media player is connected online or some other windows app are using the internet, which most of them you can close the related application to stop the internet traffic.

Usually, if my PC is idle with most application closed, using a software that monitors all in and out traffic, my PC has nearly zero internet traffic most of the time.

Thus, using GB to stop Windows services might have minimal impact on your ping in game.

It is normal to get a different ping in game than the one shown on the servers list. The ping shown on the servers list are usually value calculated with a pre-defined bandwidth. When you enter the game, as the game progresses the bandwidth uses fluctuates (usually alot more than the pre-defined bw used for testing) and along with other real time factors like people sharing your internet in your area and load of the game server, your ping will rise and fall.

You should look into your modem/router settings, physical hardware setup and run some speed test. Basically you should look into how to make your internet faster to get better ping.

Archived