IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Vista print spooler stopped after running Advanced System Care (FREE)

BryanWM

Why did Advanced System Care Free turn off Vista print spooler? I just installed ASC Free today and ran for the first time. When I tried to print some documents they would not print and Control Panel displayed no printers. I ran restore but still no printers. Found that the Print Spooler service was stopped.

????????????

H Bryan

Please read Usage of IObit Products (link in my signature)

System Optimize works by primarily trying to save resources, so if you do not place any of the "problems" it finds in the Ignore list - one of the things that can happen is that the print spooler stops.

Start it again and at the next cleanup place it in the Ignore list.

Cheers

solbjerg

Why did Advanced System Care Free turn off Vista print spooler? I just installed ASC Free today and ran for the first time. When I tried to print some documents they would not print and Control Panel displayed no printers. I ran restore but still no printers. Found that the Print Spooler service was stopped.

????????????

soldjerb

solbjerg

Not sure where the Ignore list is. Why would print spooler not always be excluded. I can not think of any instance when the service would want to be stopped. Will ASC always place the spooler in the "problems" list?

BryanWM

Hi Bryan

As I said - please read Usage of IObit Products

Since it apparently stopped yours, I think they still have it like that.

I placed mine in the ignore list years ago so I haven't been following if they should have changed it.

If you never use your printer - you don't need it, or if you do not have a printer - you do not need it - just to show two instances where it isn't needed. :-)

If you print often, then have it on automatic - started, in the services and place it in the ignore list by right clicking on "problems" and choose "Ignore" to that particular "problem", when you run a cleanup with ASC.

Cheers

solbjerg

solbjerg

Not sure where the Ignore list is. Why would print spooler not always be excluded. I can not think of any instance when the service would want to be stopped. Will ASC always place the spooler in the "problems" list?

BryanWM

Archived