IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Sugestions for IObit Malware Fighter

Hello to IObit,

I've done several tests with several antivirus and anti-malware market.

And like that before launching the BETA version of the product to give some tips so that our product exceeds the competition.

1-What Malware Fighter has a smaller memory footprint to 10 MB.

2-What module integrates a heuristic of behavior and intelligence.

3-in that cloud, has a sort of white list for trusted applications.

4-while a blacklist for malicious applications.

5-A Toolbar to browsers to alert the user about malicious sites.

6-and who also have the ability to block malicious sites.

7-malicious applications that are available in the cloud in less than 24 hours.

8 - which have also a special space to fight the Fake Antivirus and also the Hijackers.

I guarantee that with these tips IObit Malware Fighter will overcome any anti-malware or other program of its kind!

IObit, Caring and Protecting Your PC! - Sugestion for slogan

Hello,

The IObit should also improve the resident protection, is very rare to happen to detect malware

A while ago, the Advanced SystemCare had a vote so if you'd like IObit had an integrated antivirus and of course I voted yes.

Now I want to see if the addition of Malware Fighter Cloud will be an antivirus.

I hope that IObit Malware Fighter will be the new anti-malware, and hope that the will stop with IObit Security 360. I hope also that IObit Malware Fighter will be compatible with other anti-virus/anti-spyware/anti-malware programs like IObit Security 360 will.

But the most important thing, i really like IObit and purchased Security 360 and Advanced System Care, but after the "Definitions of non IObit companies" part of the story, when the deleted the databases from that companies, Security 360 isn't secure anymore. So i REALLY hope Malware Fighter will kill all the other anti-malware programs and that IObit will be champion in every sort of utilities. Again i love you guys at IObit and hope you will read my message :).

• 2 weeks later...

If you really want to break a cheap AV, just get a populer malware sample it detects, and put a VM based software protector on it. Puts all the 'my test' bureaucracy to rest really quick..

Also see what happens when you automate submissions of legitimate software to the cloud. Most clouds are based on a voting and/or weak heuristics system..

I can go break NIS, KIS, NOD32, Panda Cloud offerings fairly easy with this..

Hi all,

Another suggestion that i would like to add...

The pop ups are confusing as anything, very meaningless to the average computer user.

You need some sort of way of making the pop simple and maybe analysing the threat level to make sure that the user takes the correct action.

A description of what the file could be or do and maybe a submit to cloud for analysis... I'm quite a computer savy user, but when a pop came up says for example: '3272.dll' came up i had no clue.

So i looked into it on a search engine to shed some light on this situation, the file was fine.

If IMF detects a critcal system in a false positive and the user is unsure and just clicks deny or remove threat... It could potentially break the computer.

So simple pop-ups is a must.

wrexe

• 2 weeks later...
IMO, Ignore function and an Ignore List is a must.

Cheers.

I second Enoskype on that. I've got a dir with 10k+ jpg's. Really would like to be able to ignore that during scans.

and a bit conserned about the memory footprint. Just above 50mb on idle. Seriously... thats a bit on the steep side imo.

Other than that ive encountered no problems. :-)

1. Need to support Multi-core cpu (2,4,6 etc. not just only 2.)

2. And also support multiple scanning. Scanning multiple device at the same time.

3. Could remove bad files right away. (Some of us don't want to wait for the whole harddrive to be finish scanning to remove that file.)

Scanning 1 device at a time is in the pass. Computer with 4gb+ ram, 2 core+ cpu, and Multi device plug in calls for faster way of scanning. Thats why we need to support multiple scanning at once.

If a user have 4 core cpu, and 4 harddrive, he or she doesn't have to wait for 1 drive to be scan and then the next one. I would love to see each core scanning each 1 of the drive. 8:)

IObit Malware Beta 1.0 locks up around 26882 files checked

As I posted in the Malware Fighter Beta 1.0 Thread, and thought the attached file ivis.ax was a problem. I discovered later on, after changing custom settings for a deep scan that the software locks up in the same area. approximently 1/2 way thru or 26882 files scanned. Now, I believe the problem is not the attached file I uploaded but the scanner has faults. System info: Win XP service pack 3 and running Advanced system care free verison with Avast antivirus 5.88 also free verison. I could run the simple scan without C: drive and have it running in task bar for the "real time" protection. carry on with the good work, looking forward for the next release.

I second Enoskype on that. I've got a dir with 10k+ jpg's. Really would like to be able to ignore that during scans.

and a bit conserned about the memory footprint. Just above 50mb on idle. Seriously... thats a bit on the steep side imo.

Other than that ive encountered no problems. :-)

I only see 9,536K Idle and 40,221K when running in task manager for Memory consumption..:razz: System and Memory scans work good, so I use those custom settings / deep file scan causes trouble on this machine. I think we have the answer here "Memory is not dumping during scan causing it to stop." I know this is an old computer (Dell GX110) with limited resources, still basic scan should allow for memory dumping.

Images of screen for review

Same file was stopped on scanning.(ivits.ax) I have system info and XP versions with processor and memory images. It did lock up Firefox as well, so my system doesn't like this scanner for some reason and locks the machine. I will be leaving it on for a while, if there is a real release I will play with that one.** single file scans this file without a problem, now we know the process is halted cause of a memory loading problem, IE dumping on scans where machines have 500mb total system resources.

Archived