IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

defrag only picking up "D" drive

Hi lizzy

Pease send some screenshots to show the problem.

Which version are you using?

Cheers

solbjerg

I just downloaded the 'free' version of smart defrag and after installing it I notice that its only picking up the D drive and not the C drive....Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Liz

lizzy0921

screenshot

Hi,

the program is now reading the C drive but I am getting volume error message. Attached is the Screenshot and I am using Smart Defrag 1.50

I have tried to uninstall/reinstall but I get the same messages.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

Hi Lizzy

Unfortunately I cannot read your screenshot.

What are your setup please, - OS - level of free space and other relevant information - Please remember that uninstall/install ought to be the "Clean Install" version :-)

Please read about the concept - links in my signature.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi,

the program is now reading the C drive but I am getting volume error message. Attached is the Screenshot and I am using Smart Defrag 1.50

I have tried to uninstall/reinstall but I get the same messages.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have XP or older, I think I would try running Check-disk, to test for disk Errors.

To do that, go to Windows Start Menu and select 'Run',

then in the blank enter:

chkdsk /f

A window with black background should come up and will probably ask if you want to schedule the test at next startup.

Enter y , for yes

Then Reboot computer and chkdsk should run and test C: drive, before going into OS.

(There are 3 stages to the testing so wait for them)

Hopefully that will find and fix drive errors, if the drive is not beyond fixing.

(If you have Vista or later that may not work, I've not found a way to get chkdsk to run properly with W-7, but it has other utility)

Hi Toppack

A good piece of advice : I thought about it too + a sfc /scannow, but as the amount of information was somewhat sparse I decided to wait for some more info.

As far as I partly could make out the C: drive was only 20 GB ??

So I thought that the problem might be lack of available free space?

By the way I think I would have recommended a full chkdsk - 5 steps :-)

Happy new year!

Cheers

solbjerg

If you have XP or older, I think I would try running Check-disk, to test for disk Errors.

To do that, go to Windows Start Menu and select 'Run',

then in the blank enter:

chkdsk /f

A window with black background should come up and will probably ask if you want to schedule the test at next startup.

Enter y , for yes

Then Reboot computer and chkdsk should run and test C: drive, before going into OS.

(There are 3 stages to the testing so wait for them)

Hopefully that will find and fix drive errors, if the drive is not beyond fixing.

(If you have Vista or later that may not work, I've not found a way to get chkdsk to run properly with W-7, but it has other utility)

As far as I partly could make out the C: drive was only 20 GB ??

So I thought that the problem might be lack of available free space?

Will SD return a Volume Error message if the drive is full?

I did not realize that. I've never let one get that full to find out.

Here's a Microsoft webpage that shows other available switch parameters for chkdsk, for anyone interested:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/chkdsk.mspx?mfr=true

Hi Toppack

Hats off to your helpful attitude :-)

By the way the switches are described in Usage of IObit Products too :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Will SD return a Volume Error message if the drive is full?

I did not realize that. I've never let one get that full to find out.

Here's a Microsoft webpage that shows other available switch parameters for chkdsk, for anyone interested:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/chkdsk.mspx?mfr=true

Archived