IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Using GameBooster to conserve power on laptop?

I was wondering whether GameBooster could well be used to shutdown programs for the purpose of conserving power while using my laptop on its battery? I thought that a previous version allowed selection of specific programs that I probably wouldn't need while working on my laptop on battery power.

I've got a special key on my laptop keyboard which I hoped to use to trigger GameBooster using AutoHotKey.

Hi seanspotatobusiness,

Game Booster have been used for other purposes such as CPU, RAM intensive programs to run smoothly, and can be used as you described also for conserving energy when on battery.

You have all the options and more in the new Game Booster 2 when you compare it to previous Game Booster.

You can find tons of information about the usage of whitelist.ini, gamebooster.ini, etc in Game Booster if you go through the threads in this section.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi enoskype, do you know whether there is a flag for GameBooster so that it can be made to run and immediately enter game mode?

For example, you can make a FireFox shortcut with this in the "target" field:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" and it just runs FireFox.

But if you add something:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -ProfileManager

Then it starts up with the profile manager.

Any such flags in GameBooster?

Hey, that's great! (I usually deselct the desktop icon and quick launch icons during install of any program - they'd just get too full!)

I don't know whether my next question is pretty stupid, but is there a flag that will deactivate game mode? That way, I can press the button on my keyboard once to activate game mode, and then again to deactivate it, e.g.:

"C:\Program Files\IObit\Game Booster\GameBooster.exe" -game

followed by

"C:\Program Files\IObit\Game Booster\GameBooster.exe" -DONOTWANTgame

Archived