IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

trojan.win32/vundo found and lost

macampbell641

Hi all, new to IObit. I have an older Toshiba Satallite W/XP laptop that was very out of date but lots of Good stuff still on It. Getting it back up and running, I knew there were viruses on it. Dnloaded ASC pro and SEcurity 360 Pro. Found lots of problems Between the two, fixed all but one. (I Think) The security report Gives me the Trojan.Win32/vundo.... virus BAD BAD BAD However when Repaired,(Quarantine) it did not show up in the Quarantine List. It's Lost. Stealth is common with this bug however I don't know if its been deleted, or its hiding. Other software Co. Claim to be able to remove this but since I paid the price for IObit.. Any Body have Experience with this. I Will Give Tech specifics When needed.

Welcome to the forums, macampbell641 :smile:

"Vundo" represents a family of infections and has changed numerous times over the past few years. More recently, it always came with other nasties, especially rootkits that are difficult to remove. So it all depends on which variant you have, and what other infections might be present. If it's Vundo from the past year or two, chances are there are more infections that IS360 and ASC alone can't handle.

Let's have a closer look. Please follow directions in Step #3 from the following link :

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=6216

Copy/paste both logs here (from DDS), using two replies (one per log). If the forum doesn't allow to post one full log because of size restrictions here, just split the logs into 3-4 posts, if needed.

Thanks.

===

I found the solution in the history .txt documents. It was removed. not quarantined. I don't know if i have other problems. everything seems to be cleaned up. the fact that it only has 256 Ram installed out of a 1G possible is the only issue slowing it down now. If you detect from what you see here, that i should be concerned otherwise, Please let me know. the other 179 issues and AVAST found about 127 were adware, tracking cookies and misleading or invalid registry entries.

1st scan 179 threats no repair attempted

Trojan.Win32/Vundo, Registry Key, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{56256a51-b582-467e-b8d4-7786eda79ae0}, 5-3871

Trojan.Win32/Agent, File, C:\WINDOWS\system32\f3PSSavr.scr, 4-7414

2nd Scan 179 threats repair

Trojan.Win32/Vundo - Removed, Registry Key, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{56256a51-b582-467e-b8d4-7786eda79ae0}, 5-3871

Trojan.Win32/Agent - Quarantined, File, C:\WINDOWS\system32\f3PSSavr.scr, 4-7414

3rd full scan repair

Trojan.Agent - Quarantined, File, C:\lotus\compnent\lticnc90.dll, 12-840

4th full scan repair

Trojan.Agent - Quarantined, File, C:\System Volume Information\_restore{C9DB71FE-DA25-40CC-86CE-BF78E88C61BC}\RP647\A0095162.dll, 12-840

AVAST also found

Trojan.Agent - Quarantined, File, C:\System Volume Information\_restore{C9DB71FE-DA25-40CC-86CE-BF78E88C61BC}\RP647\A0095162.dll, 12-840

Thanks for your help

MC

Archived