IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC Problem(s)

Rhombie

Hi,

I recently purchased Advanced SystemCare, and installed it. For the past two days, it worked fine, and really made a significant difference to my computer's health. However, today I have a problem. When I run "Privacy Sweeper", on the bottom where it should show is being scanned its blanked. I also cannot open Settings on either "Maintain Windows" or "Diagnose System" sections. I've tried going back to a previous update, and updating again. I've tried reinstalling, and nothing has worked.

I appreciate any answer back.

Hi Rhombie,

Please supply us screenshots so we can understand the situation better.

If you uncheck "Privacy Sweep" when scanning and repairing, does ASC behaves normally?

If you can't open the settings when" Maintain Windows" and "Diagnose System" sections are chosen, can't you click on the Options on the top right of the GUI to open the Settings window?

Have you tried clean -uninstall and reinstall as described in Install-Uninstall-Reinstall-Upgrade to newer version post in USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS thread?

Cheers.

I can't open options either. I follow the clean uninstall and install directly, and it still doesn't work. I've tried deleting registry keys, running CCleaner, and deleting the ASC path, but to no avail. When I try to take a screenshot via "Print Screen", it shows my background, but not the program itself. It's almost as if the program window isn't even up.

I don't know what else to do.

Hi Rhombie

Did you - after uninstalling - check if the program folder was deleted and/or empty in both the programs and in documents&settings?

If not - try that correct clean install procedure.

Are your install file error-free?

Perhaps try a fresh download.

Good luck!

Cheers

solbjerg

I can't open options either. I follow the clean uninstall and install directly, and it still doesn't work. I've tried deleting registry keys, running CCleaner, and deleting the ASC path, but to no avail. When I try to take a screenshot via "Print Screen", it shows my background, but not the program itself. It's almost as if the program window isn't even up.

I don't know what else to do.

Well, now AWC.exe won't even open. It says "This application has failed to start because rtl70.bpl was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." I don't want to reinstall yet, because I think I might know whats causing it to function incorrectly.

Ever since I upgraded IOBIT Security 360, it has been doing this. If I bought two programs, but I can only use 1 why did I buy them? I can use Advanced SystemCare if 360 is uninstalled, but then I have no anti-virus software. I hope someone can help me.

Hi Rhombie

Best bet is probably to do a real clean install.

It sounds as if you think that IS360 is an anti-virus program - this is not so, you should have an antivirus program and then run IS360 alongside to find other kinds of malware that the anti-virus program doesn't find.

Cheers

solbjerg

Well, now AWC.exe won't even open. It says "This application has failed to start because rtl70.bpl was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." I don't want to reinstall yet, because I think I might know whats causing it to function incorrectly.

Ever since I upgraded IOBIT Security 360, it has been doing this. If I bought two programs, but I can only use 1 why did I buy them? I can use Advanced SystemCare if 360 is uninstalled, but then I have no anti-virus software. I hope someone can help me.

Archived