IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

spyware removal in Advanced System Care

drillich

To test efficiency of the spyware removal in Advanced System Care I run the program and it cleared 8 entries (there were also other areas which were repaired). However repeating immediately the same program confirmed fixixing all the problems BUT NOT spyware. Repeated runs continued to show no problems apart the same 8 spyware entries. I am using the latest version. Any ideas?Thanks

Henry

Just checking ?

Also, can you please clarify whether:

• It is listing the same 8 spyware problems when the scan is finished

or

• You see the same 8 spyware problems listed as the scan is running (see image)

If this is the case, then this is the spyware it is looking for not the spyware it has found

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5330&d=1274725726

All the best, woz of oz

RE:spy removal

Using Advanced SystemCare pro Ver 3.7.3.

Spyware Removal shows that it removed ,say 8 items. To check ASC I immediately repeated "Care"; unfortunaly the 8 items were still there but all other problems were eliminated. Repeating this action (Care) was still discovering the 8items. Before closing I again "repaired" the system and turned it off. Started the system again and running ASC "Care" showed 7 items (reduction by 1) and 7 remained with repeated re-runs.Any ideas?

Have a nice day

drillich

There could be a driver protecting it.

-Make sure ASC is running as admin

-Right click+properties+security on the files and make sure "Administrator" group have "full control" checked

-Make sure any exe in a folder or detected isn't in task manager->processes

-You can also run this and see what it finds regarding the driver protecting it:

http://files.avast.com/files/beta/aswar.exe

RE:Spyware removal in ASC

Using Windows XP Professional Version 5.1 with Service Pack3. Installed the following software:AVG 2011 and Microsoft Security. Running as Administrator.

Will have to adjust file size of the attachments-will send later.

Thanks.Regards

Henry

Dear drillich,

Please try to not use 'Care' but the 'Scan' in Maintain Windows.

After Scanning, you can view the details. Then, please take a screenshot for our further investigation.

A screenshot FYI.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6626&stc=1&d=1294812131

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Cheers.

You also won't see rootkit drivers in device manager. There are different classes of drivers even just in hardware. Rootkit ones are usually some software interface class drivers that return desired results from system calls(like for hiding and/or protecting files and registry entries).

That tool detects them, and is portable so no install needed.

If everything checks out on my list then the only explanation is undetected malware restoring the files. It'll be some exe somewhere.

Hi drillich

I fear you are reading itobe's screenshot wrong - the red line pointing to the listed items does seem to start in functions but it relates to the message also in red that tells you to click 7 problems to view the items.

So the line should just have been a bit longer in the top - a small inaccuracy in the helpful screenshot itobe created for you.

Please read Usage of IObit Products (links in my signature)

Pressing functions will not produce any change if you already are in Functions!

Your other screenshot about problems with RAID (Redundant Array of Independent Disks) is probably because the driver isn't validated as OK by Windows. In that case just accept the use of it despite the warning of it being not validated. Be SURE though that the driver is the right one for the RAID controller in the motherboard.

Cheers

solbjerg

The pressing Functions does nothing, pressing Settings is working OK. Should I delete and re-install ASC?

Thanks for your assistance.Regards,

Henry

7 problems found

I am running as an Administrator and run avosit Antitroot kit-(5 hours 17687 objects examined) no highlighted root kits. Still cannot find out what are the 7 items; the Function in ASC does not work.Regards

Henry

As explained by solbjerg in post# 12, Functions is the name of the section.

If you click on the Functions tab then nothing will happen because you are already in the Functions section.

Click on the orange colored text 7 Problems found (see image)

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6684&stc=1&d=1295597214

If clicking on 7 problems found does not bring up a list of the problems found then there is something else wrong, in this case I would suggest you do a Clean Install

See This Post for details

Screenshots are in This Post

All the best, woz of oz

Spyware removal in ASC

Running avosit did not show any highlighted items. The 7 files appear always when I log-in under my name as the administrator. However when I log-in as the "Administrator" they do not show. In both cases the "Function" button does not work. It appears that the problem must be associated with my profile. How can I get the "Function" button working?

Regards,

Henry

Functions seems ok

Hi again :smile:

Both the Functions and Settings tabs work like Tabs in your browser, they simply take you to that tab.

When you click on the word Functions it will take you to the Functions interface (tab), once you are there clicking on it again will do nothing.

...In both cases the "Function" button does not work. It appears that the problem must be associated with my profile. How can I get the "Function" button working?

Since you provided a screenshot of the Functions interface with 7 Problems found then the Functions button must be working.

Look at the image in post# 14, I have hi-lited the 7 Problems found with a red box

What happens when you click on the orange colored text > 7 Problems found

Do you get a list of the problems?

All the best, woz of oz

Hi drillich

When you open the ASC program it opens under the button "Home", there you have the tabs "Overview" and "Latest News" shown.

If you then click "Maintain Windows" you will see two tabs again - "Functions" and "Settings" - Functions is highlighted - meaning that this is where you are. Clicking on "settings" will take you to the settings.

Leaving settings will take you back to the "Functions"

Then you click on the "Scan" button, and the program will scan all the functions under the "Maintain Windows" button and decide if there are any "problems" in any of the functions.

If it finds problems - in your shown case 7 - it will say so. You then click on each "problems" and decide if you want all cleaned/solved or if you would like to place any of the "problems" in the ignore list.

Please read Usage of IObit Products to find out how to use the program.

ASC should alway be run with administrator rights.

If it doesn't work like that something else must be wrong and as wozofoz says you should do a "Clean Install".

Cheers

solbjerg

Running avosit did not show any highlighted items. The 7 files appear always when I log-in under my name as the administrator. However when I log-in as the "Administrator" they do not show. In both cases the "Function" button does not work. It appears that the problem must be associated with my profile. How can I get the "Function" button working?

Regards,

Henry

• 2 weeks later...

Spyware removal in ASC

Thanks to All who tried to help me.

My problem has been cleared. For a change I was lucky as I got a notice that one file is corrupted and to run CHKDSK, which I did. The "problem items" must have resided in some of the four segments which were fixed by CHKDSK because my problem is gone. Thanks again. Regards

Henry

Archived