IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Repeated chkdsk at boot time defrag

Hi team,

At schedule task "Boot time defrag", continues to repeat only the disk check (chkdsk) without running system. To remedy, i succeeded fix up the Recovery Console. I had to shut down scheduler and SmartDefragDriver. Why?

XP SP3 (new reinstall), 2x disk 40GB and 500GB (divided into three)

Damned

Hi team,

At schedule task "Boot time defrag", continues to repeat only the disk check (chkdsk) without running system. To remedy, i succeeded fix up the Recovery Console. I had to shut down scheduler and SmartDefragDriver. Why?

XP SP3 (new reinstall), 2x disk 40GB and 500GB (divided into three)

Damned

Are you saying you think the SmartDefragDriver and scheduler were causing chkdsk to run at Boot-up?

As far as I know, only corrupted files or a scheduled run of chkdsk can cause chkdsk to run at computer start-up.

If those files were actually causing it to run, then those files Must have been Corrupted files?

Can it be that you have a hardware problem, such as a Bad hard-drive?

Hi solbjerg!

I fixed by Recovery console. Event log is empty. I thought that after the chkdsk run defrag. No. Run repeat chkdsk. Whithout starting OS. Whithout log file, only once BSOD with Stop:0x00000071 (1x!). After restart, RC and disable service and more.

E:\Age Of Mythology [(only this game)]

Damned

To Toppack: Now, this feature is disabled.

Damned

Archived