IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Defragg Woes

I have used the Defragg for many years...best on the web by far....BUT

Twice..On two seperate computers, I have braved the *deep Opti* button

BOTH times it has all but destroyed my drives...The HDD activity light never goes out after this defragg, and the read / seek times fall in the water, leaving my comp as slow as crap...Everything lags to open, and I mean lags badly...

Surely there is something inherantly wrong with this situation...After this happened to one hard drive, I just had to confirm this on another computer I own...Sure enough..It did the same thing..

What seems to be the major deal ? I find this to be just the worst thing you can ever do to a drive...My comp is a small but powerful socket 775, running a E5200@ 3.4, with DDR2 Mem PC6400...This comp runs stable as heck, and will fly FSX at 35 locked, smooth and stable....Its not the PC

Can this action of deep optmize be undone ???

Thanks

Since no one else has attempted to answer your question I will give my thoughts on this subject.

I've read somewhere that there are about 30,000,000 people presently using version-1.5 of Smart-defrag and are not reporting the problems you are seeing.

So, my guess is that there is something different with your computer or the the software you are running ?

When you do Deep-optimize, Is there a specific software program that is running slower and how have you determined the difference?

If so, there must be something different with the way that program is stored on hard-drive, if it really is being effected by SD?

I would try to Narrow down what programs are effected and you may be able to better determine why and how to correct it.

(Are you waiting for Deep-Optimize to finish? It can take Hours for it to complete.

And it will definitely Slow the computer while it's running)

Hi harleyman

In addition to Toppack I would like to know how filled your computer is and and at what fragmentation level you chose to utilize the deep defrag.

Cheers

solbjerg

I have used the Defragg for many years...best on the web by far....BUT

Twice..On two seperate computers, I have braved the *deep Opti* button

BOTH times it has all but destroyed my drives...The HDD activity light never goes out after this defragg, and the read / seek times fall in the water, leaving my comp as slow as crap...Everything lags to open, and I mean lags badly...

Surely there is something inherantly wrong with this situation...After this happened to one hard drive, I just had to confirm this on another computer I own...Sure enough..It did the same thing..

What seems to be the major deal ? I find this to be just the worst thing you can ever do to a drive...My comp is a small but powerful socket 775, running a E5200@ 3.4, with DDR2 Mem PC6400...This comp runs stable as heck, and will fly FSX at 35 locked, smooth and stable....Its not the PC

Can this action of deep optmize be undone ???

Thanks

Archived