IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Services that wont shut down

Narxis

Hello there!

I have a little problem with GameBooster 2.2 Premium on a Windows 7 64bit machine.

There are a few services that GameBooster can't shutdown, but i checked these services in GameBooster to shut it down automatically.

The services are:

-IObit Security 360 Pro(core process)

-Malwarebytes Pro(core process)

-PerfectDisk 11 Pro(background process for StealthPatrol, far as i remember it called PDAgentS1.exe)

Maybe the problem is on my end. Its not a big problem because i can shut it down manually from task manager, i just wanted to give a feedback.

So all the programs dissappear from the tray but the core processes are still active.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi TiaMaster,

Open whitelist.ini with a text editor such as Notepad and edit the content of security software names if you wish to stop the process(es) of security program(s) through GB. (Not recommended.)

The location of the file is explained in an other thread in this section.

Cheers.

Game Booster doesn't shut down virus protection programs for your protection. You need to update the white list to do that.

That's not true, I am able to shut down Microsoft Security Essentials every time I run gamebooster without the whitelist feature. I was also able to shut down Spybot S&D programs as well. Of course I am not using the new version because it's a bit more difficult to stop the services and programs I want every time so that may be why I can.

That's not true, I am able to shut down Microsoft Security Essentials every time I run gamebooster without the whitelist feature. I was also able to shut down Spybot S&D programs as well. Of course I am not using the new version because it's a bit more difficult to stop the services and programs I want every time so that may be why I can.

You are wrong, yes it is true.

I never said that "all" anti-virus programs are identified in the white list.

Not sure why Microsoft Security Essentials and Spybot are not white listed. Probably because they not very popular or effective.

You are wrong, yes it is true.

I never said that "all" anti-virus programs are identified in the white list.

Not sure why Microsoft Security Essentials and Spybot are not white listed. Probably because they not very popular of effective.

Not sure either but I doubt it's because they are not popular. Spybot S&D is one of the best if not the best anti-spyware programs out there and Microsoft Security Essentials is ranked up there with AVG and Avast and the best free anti anti-virus programs. I know cause I following reviews on every program I use and that's how I got GameBooster.

BTW, you may not have said "all" but you did say "Game Booster doesn't shut down virus protection programs for your protection" which indicates you meant all. Otherwise you would have specified "some". So technically I am right since I was able to shut down 2 of them.

I wont argue with your simple mind.

"Game Booster doesn't shut down virus protection programs for your protection" is an accurate statement. You should understand that the only way to identify what not to shutdown is to list them. There is no list that includes everything.

Also FYI, Spybot is a VERY outdated piece of software than runs on an ancient engine. MSE is also one of the most hacked suites. There is a reason both of these are free.

Hi guys,

If you check whitelist.ini file, you will see that the following is there.

[services]

MsMpSvc=

[Apps]

msseces.exe=

MsMpEng.exe=

Which means that Microsoft Security Essential is white listed and GB should not stop the service and process unless you take them out.

Of course I am not using the new version .

I am assuming that the GB in discussion is the latest 2.2.

Cheers.

I wont argue with your simple mind.

"Game Booster doesn't shut down virus protection programs for your protection" is an accurate statement. You should understand that the only way to identify what not to shutdown is to list them. There is no list that includes everything.

Also FYI, Spybot is a VERY outdated piece of software than runs on an ancient engine. MSE is also one of the most hacked suites. There is a reason both of these are free.

It's a shame people can't have a decent debate or argument without one of them turning childish in their remarks. Spybot may be outdated but it's still works and as far as I know MSE has not been hacked for me. I have not had a virus for 12 years and my computer has never been hacked. I was able to shut down both programs with GB. So you can fuzz like a child all you want, I did it and you need to learn to make statements that you can't later defend like an adult and instead have to resort to childish behavior.

Enoskype,

you may be right but again I am able to do so, with both the old version I use and the new one when I had it installed. Go figure why but I did. Thanks for the heads up on that though. Enough of the childish comments from some people on the Internet for me today.

• 1 month later...

Archived