IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Linux for Fun ?

Mr Bean

hi all

well after watching u tube how to use compiz --and getting useful information..

playing with the dock gets better (in the shots shown if interested) you see the effect's!

please take a look at this ,I would say so far the best i have come across

and worth investigating ..

Read the few post above how to. if you like docks. and use Linux

Mr Bean

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flash plug in abobe extrasound...0.0svn2431-3

This is an open Source extension library for the Adobe Flash Player

that enables support for otherwise unsupported sound systems. It

provides the libflashsupport.so plugin. The sound system to use is

automatically detected:

* It first tries to detect Esound,

* Next, it checks for OSS.

If all of the above failed, it falls back to the ALSA driver that's

built directly into FlashPlayer 9.

For PulseAudio support, see flashplugin-nonfree-pulse.

Canonical does not provide updates for flashplugin-nonfree-extrasound. Some updates may be provided by the Ubuntu community.

install it ..will not hurt if you have problems this may help..

Mr Bean

Hi again

Well fooling with compiz(Linux) And the Docket is interesting If one Is into this

this is very basic as I just got it going drawing your attention to it Is for people who do not know about it and ITS Free ...you need to download a lot of extra files ,and learn how ...

my advice go to utube and type in" compiz" under broadcast your self section... look at the demo's and how to install plus set this up..

Then type in there search box.. "how to setup compiz"..then view the flicks ,there are some very good tutorials on how to accomplish this...

I hope this is Of interest To you the reader.. look its not something I would use all the time but now and then Very nice To have,.and break the monotony Of the screen..

or if you want to link here----

Mr Bean

hi every one

well being a IOBIT fan use 360 (free) on linux and it works very well

the only thing is you need to manly scan the drive. by finding the c:\ drive then scan it.it super fast as its small depending whats installed .in the wine made drive..why would one scan it ? as this uses win products, tho it be rare

I still feel happy scanning it

Sorry about the small Snap shots..

Mr Bean

What do you expect when Linux gets drunk on Wine

What do you expect when Linux gets drunk on Wine and wakes up with Windows next to it. it's bound to possible catch something.!

Thousands of Linux systems now are running the new improved Wine inticed

a lot of Linux users to use wine..

And what about viruses ? or malware ?

Since A virus can only affect parts of the drive that wine has access to, there is very little danger.

At worst you would have to remove and re-install wine. this will kill of any you may suspect.

You should only do high risk tasks (web surfing, email, shopping, banking etc) from your Linux applications. not surf the net using wine itself .or The IE browser.Use the Fire fox default installed one.and add to it no script

disallow cookies.and Java.

If you're using wine extensively for anything, Say IE for example,Consider whether you need the machine on-line when using wine, and what the risk are.doing so.(I use a filter program,and u torrent with heavy blocking and yet to find any thing that went wrong.

Most of it is common sense -

Note that it would be a very bad idea to install wine and run it as root, although even then it's hard to know how a windows or Mac virus could do very much to a Linux installation.

A virus that is "Linux-aware" can escape from WINE ,and could be easily done . WINE handles Windows library calls, but it can not intercept by system calls. When Linux system calls are invoked,, you get a Linux system call, irrespective of whether it's a program running with WINE or a native Linux program. Remember, WINE is not an "emulator"

it is just a loader and a set of libraries. It doesn't provide any sand boxing. WINE even provides a mechanism for allowing programs to detect if they are running under WINE, possible,infect another win apps installed in the wine drive.?? or transfer to other drives, program's running under WINE,depending whats run.

use this with conmen scene.if you run a lot of applications (windows)

under wine and Linux at the same time be aware of the higher risks.

you be better of going back to windows

I use it as I stated for 3 programs 1 all the time my filter program

and now and the the other one..thats the only reason I use it.some install it to run games.and so on.

But I find it a blessing that I can run some windows programs using wine.and Q4wine

Mr Bean

• 2 weeks later...

hallow again

ever wonder in you who use a linux OS have a virus ?

and have no way of checking ,tho you probably like myself feel safe

still would like to Know ? for peace of mind...

so THE only one I found is linux comparable is one called Clam AV

just find it in you package repository...

if you have problems installing it please go ahead and tell Me

I try hard to explane..

Mr Bean

• 1 month later...

hi every one

well so far i have gone linux (for the newbie) and myself included, as my gate way to the net now settled to it and most things that interests myself

do not need windows to access the net....

having a dual booting system use windows for the popular programs...

and locked it from accessing the Internet

no fire wall no nothing bar the OS ...and its fast as all out.......

when of the net use it and do my thing..

linux I now have it running faithfully and true its very windows looking

by that I mean the menu

and really is very nice to look at its fortified by a fire wall and a defender

program....and speed is very fast as it needs nothing else to slow it down..

now the interesting thing is i spent about (estimate) $20 Downloading..and has every thing

the rest is no cost a full OS with programs you would not beleave,,,

a ship load of stuff and the only cost is downloading .

mind you this is purely to access the Internet , do my thing and then

reboot to my windows 7 ....Modem Unplugged (off) and care less about the rest..

I do giggle now and then as some programs complain no net !!

Mr Bean

• 1 month later...

hi Again

my version tells me:

You are using Ubuntu 10.10

- the Maverick Meerkat - released in October 2010 and supported until April 2012.

Ubuntu is an entirely open source operating system built around the Linux kernel. The Ubuntu community is built around the ideals enshrined in the Ubuntu Philosophy: that software should be available free of charge, that software tools should be usable by people in their local language and despite any disabilities, and that people should have the freedom to customise and alter their software in whatever way they see fit. For those reasons:

and its a very good version ..that is now my No1 system to the net

being a windows user from 3.00 to win 7

spent a heap of time defending it..plus the added cost of programs

most do not function, any more as thy are not compatible with the Ms software Os systems

the thing is the way thy have this running is that easy now its almost

windows type system but under the hood different mother...

one thing if you are a gaming person then windows is a must...

I love my strategy games but need Ms 7

tho not the net

the other thing no worry s about license or having to register any thing...

and this is rather odd,but you soon get the idea its oK

defending it is that easy its not funny not one ping or snooping bar the odd

bocking..now on the net for 6 hours only 2 hits....one Udp attempt and one

tcp (unknown}

brilliant!!

now let me tell you its used for the net and browsing ---- only

there are newer versions but for now happy with this one.....

as its very simple and clutter free,There is a Icon Bar on the Bottom of the screen

and my penguin doing tricks (nice Tutch) And hanging back for a more pleasant release

if you the reader has spare time and a spare drive recommended

you may like to try one out it enhances ones mind and pass many enjoyable hours..

the reason I recommend its own drive less chance of losing it ..and easer to back up plus has its own language so MS system cannot corrupt it or it(linux) MS

I am not here to convert any reader but show you a way of different computing and a different atmosphere .that one may enjoy...

Learning it well if I can certainly 99% of readers can....Tho I did Struggle At first Now ITS A breeze and getting better....

Thank you for reading and god bless you and Yours..

Mr Bean

Congratulations

Just dropped in to say congratulations :smile:

This thread has had 3024 views.

Your first post in this thread was January 19 2011 which equals 389 days.

That means this thread is averaging 8.29 views a day.

That is quite a feat especially on a forum that does not naturally attract a lot of Linux interest :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Dear Readers

I would recommend you first go and look at the offerings

as there are different versions of the linux makes, you then down load a file that could take about 1 to 1and a half hours

burn that to a dvd and boot that ....Please read how .....then name it linux

my version On the DVD Cover and make

let say unbuntu 10.10

you boot it and try it from the DVD ---take a look at it....after if you decide you like to try it

install it to a drive.....

Please NOTE preference is to its own disk .so as not to interfere with Your MS

Disk (hard)

that I have done

NOTE also MS cannot SEE the linux drive!

BUT linux CAN see the MS drive....

be aware off this....

any problems booting the installed linux ask me for help

Mr Bean

ps note I would never give up MS as it can do a lot linux cannot why

the programs

the other reason being security its very simple to defend linux ....

by using fire starter..

set that and its all one needs...

http://linux.softpedia.com/get/System/Operating-Systems/Linux-Distributions/Ubuntu-Maverick-Meerkat-57327.shtml&sa=U&ei=dms3T5SnLY6uiQf8zqiPAg&ved=0CCEQFjAD&usg=AFQjCNHQ5JVSgggkszYbUlufx8Qzim7USw

past this in your browser to down load

or if you trust me clicK the link

http://www.ubuntu.com/tour/en/#

Take a look See gives you a idea of how it will look and feel...

mind you

its the plane Jane After you Have it installed ???

you can enhance it as you please...backgrounds and browser setting and so on

Now Like Myself take it very slow There is no mad rush ...you will need to read a lot as there is no one to do it for you....First of The line ...when you have it running I strongly suggest

unplug the modem .....till you have the feel of the OS .learn what it can or cannot do...

Or rather you The user...At first one gets the feeling what's this!!!

yes its not windows You have to adjust to the OS worK your Way slowly...

and as you get concordance and find your way around then turn on the modem and the VERY fist THING install The Fire Wall Called "Fire Starter"

Again there is no hurry to hit the net use your windows if you must use the net.....

Again Thank you iobit For allowing This Thread....It is Most Kind of you...

Mr Bean

ok here is some help..If you Install a version of linux there is a possibility it my not boot of at all..or sits on your desk top screen.(.Booting Screen..)

you need to point to it .

So there is a small application called EasyBCD 2.1.1 or the newer version...

(you need to download it)

open that and ad the linux drive..

1 start it

2 add a new entry

2A, click the linux/BSD

3 Try GRUB (Legacy)

4 select your drive (partich 2 linux)

5 hit the add entry- close that

6 hit edit boot menu

7 you should see the new entry close that and reboot..

Now you be faced with a menu ..choose the one to boot.

this should now be able to boot ether Os from its own Drive...

Mr Bean

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/EasyBCD.shtml&sa=U&ei=HGg8T7yvO4rhmAXTrq22Cw&ved=0CBwQFjAE&usg=AFQjCNEI7rbBzUgbFP32QX4uX9KmQjP44Q

• 2 weeks later...

Linux

You could if you wanted to :Or for that matter any or most linux based OS..

Tho this case we talK Unbuntu..

downloading Ubuntu and run it alongside your current Windows system. BY Downloading, Windows installer Please ChecK the LinK

((http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/windows-installer))

BEFORE YOU DO ANY THING ...

first I recommend my self (Mr BEAN talking )

Try it from a cd ..before you Even think Of .running it along side windows....or download it and install it...to the hard drive..reason you may not liKe it...then have a huge problem getting rid of it.

why ? your drive is split and could lose your booting process if you tried to..Be warned No Matter What You are Told .BE aware..!!

windows is not friendly towards LINUX...nor a other operating system on the same unit(pc's DRIVE)

I strongly recommend linux on its own hard drive..please read the above.POST you will need the app, 80% out of 100 to boot from the linux drive..

again take note...OK

and decide If you want to IN the first place ,Having Siad That I love It

Web browsing

Ubuntu has everything you need to browse the web quickly and safely. Mozilla Fire-fox Tho it be a Different to windows as its Made Fore Linux, yet do the same,comes as standard and Or ,you can choose alternative browsers like Google Chrome from the Ubuntu Software Centre.

Note windows version do not work on linux! NOR linux.on windows

Built-in security????

With automatic security updates, anti-phishing technology and defence against viruses and malware, Ubuntu and Firefox help you keep your private information private. (but do not rely on it 100%Rather sceptical Being that I am.. ))

Perhaps a good reason to try it???

Adobe Flash is a multimedia platform used to add animation, video, and interactivity to web pages.that is already installed.as it loads up from the centre..

Ubuntu Software Centre

The Ubuntu Software Centre gives you instant access to thousands of free and open-source applications. And now you can buy apps (if you want I personalty ,Don't)

from some of the leading providers too. All software is easy to find and install so you can have a customised desktop that suits you in no time.

and not one nagging application that I have yet to experience..

or register.

Like your EMAIL?

Ubuntu has apps for quick and easy communication. Empathy As example, helps you integrate your chat accounts. And with Thunderbird, you can access your emails, address book and calendar. Being connected for work or fun easily.

oK

Again I recommend you Do not use the same hard drive Tho It be Fine.May Be troublesome to remove..

the reason is the drive is split...and your stuck with it ..as this case we talk Unbuntu..Also yes, be aware if you decided to format the split drive you will lose windows booting to its Os...you will need the above app to try to recertify this..

I use it on its own drive.windows and linux thy are completely separate .

widows cannot see the linux drive.but linux can see windows drive...

you should be aware of that!

and remember not to install or use windows drive ,saving or writing to...

from the linux operating system...Keep them separate,,,

This is not told By linux People And you could have a headache If trying to rid it of the drive..

I can tell you I ended up Formatting the split dive back to 1

Then re Backing back on the drive the win os Using Malcuim Relect...

thank you for reading my post and god bless you and yours..

Mr Bean

• 2 weeks later...

Microsoft is going to ??

previewing windows 8 ---

this looks to me heading to block that, Microsoft is going to try to keep Linux, older versions of Windows, and other operating systems off Windows 8 PCs.

a good thing? we will have to see...Microsoft will be trying to use UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) to block Linux, older versions of Windows, and other alternative operating systems from booting on Windows 8 PCs. or wiil it happen?

Microsoft UEFI secure boot is requirement for Windows 8 certification and that, while “OEMs [original equipment manufacturers) are free to choose how to enable this support," they still have to have it. In turn, that will make it harder for OEMs to support alternative operating systems and, if the OEM does bow down to Microsoft's demands, it will make it almost impossible for end-users to run Linux, older versions of Windows, or other alternative operating systems on Windows 8 certified PCs.

In short, if Microsoft has its way, and may?

Windows 8 PCs will be even more locked into their pre-installed operating systems

the Windows 8 PC you buy in 2013 will be permanently locked into Windows 8. And, like smart phones, only expert firmware hackers May or will be able to switch out operating systems or even enable dual-booting operating systems.

This isn't the first time Microsoft has tried to lock out competitors from Windows PCs. Back In the early 2000s, Microsoft tried to combine Windows and the BIOS with a Digital Right Management (DRM) scheme called Next Generation Secure Computing Base (NGSCB), At the time, the point wasn't so much as to block operating systems as it was to build DRM into PCs so you couldn't play any music or video content unless you had a license for it. That effort failed.

That isn't stopping Microsoft from once more trying to stop you from using your computer the way you want to use it .nothing new thy been trying for 20 years!

Please Note

What does this mean for the end user?” “Microsoft claims that the customer is in control of their PC. thy mean you can move it around the house yes!

or thy mean,customer meaning manufacturer.

The user (you or I)are not guaranteed the ability to install extra signing keys in order to securely boot the operating system of their choice. The user is not guaranteed the ability to disable this functionality.

The user is not guaranteed that their system will include the signing keys that would be required for them to swap their graphics card for one from another vendor, or replace their network card and still be able to netboot, or install a newer SATA controller and have it recognize their hard drive in the firmware.

The user is no longer in control of their PC.” Nothing New Its been tried Before!

The fact is that Microsoft’s move ,will remove control from the user and places it in the hands of Microsoft and the hardware vendors.

it makes it more difficult to run anything other than Windows.

and BOY ,have thy been trying there but off to stop you using your system the way you want to!

that started with Window *98 in particular from there on it became harder and harder how you wanted to use the desktop...

UEFI secure boot may be a valuable and worthwhile feature ??

that Microsoft [is] or may be misusing to gain tighter control over the market.

and by the way try running software on 8 see how you go..and this then makes sense! the post and what I write,Windows *8* I would think very hard first!

having said all this makes no difference to the new user.why thy do not Know any better Nor Interested so long as it links to the net who cares if its locked to windows 8! and cant duel Boot or run certain programs after all

win 8 sings its dangerous thy believe it..

the old saying I grew up with .

"what you do not Know will not hurt you"

the whole thing behind this? is thy want to stop there older OS from being used

mark this give it a few years perhaps a bit longer XP will not function.

any more on the net or the Newer PCs thy be locked down!!!!..

I would vesture to say by the year 2020 no more Win any thing but 8 onwards!

unless thy change there thinking????

Mr Bean

hi every one

I like to post on removing files in windows any version...

after reading the forum on unlocker posts some rather sort of anger ,frustration .

depending how its interpretation are, reading them...

now I have a solution for you..and one can go absolutely crazy dilating .moving,killing of till one is contented...

Any

and file in windows any OS...matter of fact Flux The lot if you are so inclined.

and rid them one by one or all at once..every thing to the rubbish bin..

Tho be aware when booting up the system no windows! but hey ya had a lot of fun !

yes dear readers you can achieve it with Linux,,,,best unlocker there is ...

and Do not com-plane to me saying it don't work

it will!!!!

ok now lets get real..

as you Know and may of read I am testing win 8...

a file called wuwebv.dll was thought to be malaware ..

and could not be removed..

windows had it locked down...

so booting into Linux found it and I removed it to my pen drive..

only way..

rebooted back to 8 and its surly was removed...

after posting to and fro found it ok to copy back ..

no harm done...

Mr Bean

• 4 weeks later...

A while back now there was a long discussion on the virut virus

and received a lot of help from our forum friend,since then being vigilant (Sort OF) and use this type of scanner using Linux(a neutral ground) and A os that has the reputation from being virus free (almost of the time) as I use a windows based drivers programs in conjunction with Linux.and use windows software on Linux.I scan the drive NOW and then..YES scan Linux drive..

and its software..the z drive being windows based,inside of Linux..a tool called wine runs the application scanning the drive...that's 1.00 gigabytes,it also scans the windows drive, C + Z.LINUX..and its programs...now to be sure its clean ..and use it a lot(Linux) logging to my drives and install different application..Guess what ?

no problems,according to the Kasbury scanner.

now Is my windows OS clean..a honest answer is NO its filthy with junk virus and RUBBISH.

why well because I love testing pick up a virus Now and then next thing get a loaded

drive full of rats! So in with the cleaner when the system windows slows down

and give it a good flush!

The other reason is most times windows breaks very Quickly AS I do not care

simply recover the system with maulcium express, till the next slowdown,or BREAKDOWN.ONE thing

LINUX is free of rats thy do not if thy manage to get in live long next boot that it gone...Thy die..Nothing to eat Is the problem!

SO Mr Bean what about windows we care less about bloody Linux!

right,that where you need this type of fast scanner

Kaspersky Lab ZAO Verut Killer,it should clean 98% of the virut virus,on boot up should Kill the rest.

Then do a other scan,hopefully its cured..that being the easy part...and TRUST this no antie virus program

Keeps you Free I do not care WHat IT is.or who made it.

thy should,one would think that, but thy also can Kill a OS EASILY TAKING A INNOCENT FILE WITH IT WHEN THY DO CLEAN A INFECTION....

SO

to cover your self you have a full baKced up system Iso,file or A file on the outer drive and ore disK DVD or better still your pen drive,,????

that is closed to writing on..Just in case it cleaned the drive to well and tooK a lie-get file with it..if that is the case,then format the drive clean and do a restore after that.OR IF your system FAILED to BOOT.or windows sits there black screened or Blue screened.worst still nothing.

IN with your booting maulcum disk and Restore The Drive..

NOW I recomend this..if you have no other means of storing files or save able to do this

I advize looK into installing Linux,say 100MG partition,that will boot the system

HOW? the Linux will do it for you you set the size..

and you be able to get to the failed drive any how.EASY and,.save files before you Kill it of(windows ?)

you may need the program easy boot look further up The POSTS,and have that handy,saved on the Linux drive(safety)

or cd dvd or pen drive..I have Done this So many Times Lost Count...

and get lacks-adasy scanning,many do not have that luxury,I am not Trying To convert here,but a small drive with Linux

makes live Easy,EVEN 35 MEG be plenty so long as you Keep it small not to many add on,best I found is Minn 50MG

and install UNBUNTU KEEP it down with updates,load a browser,and the min apps you need.Watch tho the Space you want about 10MG OR so free.

for copy and pasting Files.DO not FILL it to the brim..

and it runs like a Dream.

OK so why the long winded post..I just lost my C:\ drive scanning it..Umm cleaned it to well.Then got to thinking better post on this loss.

in case some of you may clean to well also?

Mr Bean

• 3 weeks later...

My how times fly by

well unbutu has a new one 12.4 beta, My one sadly is No more supported..

and auto updated. to bad as I will not give it up Just yet.all known bugs been fixed.

and is updated to this month.but thats it..

using Ubuntu 10.10 - the Maverick Meerkat - released in October 2010 and supported until April 2012.

My thinking,this is fully set! no bugs,using it all this time not 1 virus or break down,of any sort

I will be looking hard at the new one on offer when ready,hoping thy fixed the menu so it can be set to the bottom or at least hide itself, when of mouse!

as long as thy persist the way it is now will not use it or another ones till thy fix it.

I hate staring at Icons on the main screen and a long ugly one at that.My taste is a full screen empty of icons at the bottom thats fine

and accept the thin one at the top,any how besides that I wonder if its as good as this one??

not a clue but I think there is a way to reprogram the menu to set them on the bottom in this version.(hope so)

Mr Bean

hi fans of Linux

The first thing I did do install 11.10 adjusted and installed all I wanted..

added a few application and installed wine plus Qwine..then my background changer.

ok run update..took 3/4 hours fore it to finish..

..and a bit of re-adjusting

finally, got to auto hide the side bar ,out from view ..and only when wanted (use) hover the pointer it shows.

you will need to change the behavior just look at my shots and see how ..

Simple when one knows .but frustrating if unknown..by the way reboot and make sure that it is..

DO not forget to have Easy BCD installed on windows ,in case you need to adjust the booting

menu in order of preference.and or rename the OS boot..do that after Linux is installed ,then boot to your win 7 or your version Adjust it there.

A tip I can advice you is .if your drive where you want to install Linux on.split that ,after you installed win ? say 100 gig, the rest a just to and use for the Linux Os ,(side By Side )

the small win Os never used on the net,MOSTLY USED, just for in case .install Easy BCD on it..run it from there.

block the Os from the net totally..

So that done you should be able to boot from the menu at start up.to any installed Os you use or have Installed.

in unbuntu I

Personalty dislike it the huge long bar staring at one all the time ,but useful and now out of site!

warning do not try to remove it.from the Os you risk it going wobbly..or and lose the menus

just auto hide it...(if a expert on Linux well you would know what to do) that I am not.

perhaps one day I be able to ,but for now this is fine.

you can if you want hide the dock (bottom if you use it) as well ,tho I like it on...

and by the way still have my older Linux ,now not supported.but keep it just the same..

on its own drive,750gig .the new one now on its own drive 1tybit drive split 100gig for spare win7. rest for 12..

Mr Bean

hi all again...some may want to install IP-BLOCKER(fire wall)

here is how you do that on the new beta 12 Ubuntu

copy pasted in the Terminal as follows..

first full line as follows...

wget http://iplist.sf.net/sources.list.d/maverick.list -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/iplist.list

next:

key adv --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com C6E3D905C8BCD56BB02E6E0B39456311108B243F

next:

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install iplist

answer "yes" when (asked working terminal.

in the terminal..) watch the installing being done.

let it finish.

done ? finished?

ok now

the go to the dash home

search applications, "check installed." look for IPBlock (program icon)

tap it

then up date it. sit back till done.

be patent.when installed now restart the program .lock it to the panel...launch it any time from there..

thats it all done...

Mr Bean

hi again.

I should of posted about the above Blocker add on. you do not---need to download any thing or the Huge lists..you decide that..

the Idea is to block Any IP you want to block by simply adding them to you own

list that you add to..

what ever you want .

sample you do it like this

IANA Unallocated:1.0.0.0-1.255.255.255

IANA Unallocated:2.0.0.0-2.255.255.255

IANA Unallocated:5.0.0.0-5.255.255.255

IANA Unallocated:14.0.0.0-14.255.255.255

IANA Unallocated:23.0.0.0-23.255.255.255

IANA Unallocated:27.0.0.0-27.255.255.255

IANA Unallocated:31.0.0.0-31.255.255.255

IANA Unallocated:36.0.0.0-36.255.255.255

IANA Unallocated:37.0.0.0-37.255.255.255

????? unknown :244.244.244.244-244.244.244.244 or a whole range

if you want to.. sample

0.0.0.0-20.255.255.255

and so on..then add the list, to the Ip program.

watch the logs .now and then see it working..

this is particularly good for bad IPs you want to Keep out and our in.

Mr Bean

• 2 weeks later...

hallow every one.

well today I spent a fair amount of time reading and looking at the different

OS made under the heading free.and very pleased to see the different makes and models..and the question Whats the best one, easy answer one you want to use. any how here is a other tip from my experimenting.

how to clean the wine drive that uses windows based system? inbuilt.

if you installed wine the Application..

thinking to try CCleaner (free) installed it and run it from its Icon.in the added programs

works nicely..and cleans as under windows itself. this is very useful

please be careful here just use it to clean the registry and run the cleaner only..

do not use the tools..it may corrupt the drive.(inbuilt) that I would not risk running.

Mr Bean

Archived