IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

lost IObit in notification tray.

I have just started to use this defragmenter after installing and then uninstalling Apple Quick time and itunes and although I used to have IObit in the start up menu and the notification taskbar, they have now disappeared. When I click on the shortcut to IObit on my desktop , the scheduled defrag is set ok and the automatic defrag is running. I would like to see the shortcut in the notification area again. Is this possible or have I done something stupid?. I am using Windows Vista Home premium.:?:

yorkshire lass,

Is the checkbox in "Options" window for "Load automatically at Windows startup. (Recommended)" checked and applied?

"C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit SmartDefrag.exe"/Startup shuold exist in the startup Manager of AWC.

Also you can check your Registry for the value of: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\SmartDefrag

REG_SZ should be: "C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit SmartDefrag.exe"/Startup

Cheers.

Yes, all the boxes are ticked and then i clicked on Apply and Ok. I daren't go into the registry as I'm not very experienced!

Everything seems to be working OK, I have scheduled it to do a defrag once a week and it is monitoring everything ok, so does it really matter that it isn't in the start up menu or notification area?

• 6 months later...

I have this problem too. The process is running, but no icon. Double clicking Smart Defrag does not bring up the program, right-click and "Run as administrator" brings it up. I am running Vista x64, UAC on.

Also I ran a complete defrag and optimize and checked the "Turn computer off after defrag". The next day it was still on, screen dimmed and a blue "Smart Defrag"-dialog with a big "0" on it. No shutdown :(

EDIT: Ok, I read that you have to be administrator to run Smart Defrag. So I changed the shortcut to run it as such. Still no tray icon though.

Archived