IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IObit SmartDefrag v2 Beta 2.0

I've been testing 2.0 and so far I've not found any major problems

but there are a couple things I don't understand?

1. It appears that 'Fast Optimize' is optimizing More than 'Full Optimize' does.

After running 'Full', 'Fast' finds a lot more to optimize, but not the other way around which it should be.

So it looks like those have been Reversed somehow.

(I still think one Full Optimize would be sufficient anyway, since they both take a Long time to complete.)

2. Once when I did a Fast Optimize a Lot of data was Moved, for a very long time, but when it completed the Report page was Empty,

indicating that nothing was defragmented. (indicated by light-green blocks moving)

So What was it Moving all that Time?

Is there a problem with the report page now?

Fragmentation Rate and Recommendation. . .

I am using SD 2.0 beta 2.0, and have Analyzed my C drive; once completed the Report states a Fragmentation Rate of 0.00%, and yet its Recommendation is to Defrag and Fast Optimize.

SD's recommendation still seems to be excessive (to me at least), that is unless its recommendation is based upon something more or other than the fragmentation rate of the volume in question.

As 'they' say - "I'm just saying." ;-)

Laurence

Hi LaurenceJ,

Certainly SD2 is doing more than only defrag! It is compessing some files and also relocating them for better performance. So, fragmentation being zero doesn't mean that SD2 is not going to optimize.

You can notice that when it is running for fast optimization, some files are moving and changing clusters. Follow the default turquaise colored squares for moving files.

Cheers.

2. Once when I did a Fast Optimize a Lot of data was Moved, for a very long time, but when it completed the Report page was Empty,

indicating that nothing was defragmented. (indicated by light-green blocks moving) So What was it Moving all that Time?

Is there a problem with the report page now?

Hi Toppack,

We can not reproduce this problem.

Did it happen every time?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Cheers.

Hi Toppack,

We can not reproduce this problem.

Did it happen every time?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Cheers.

I noticed that only the one time.

I have Not tried 'Fast-op' lately.

I slipped on ice, in my garage, and dislocated my ancle, so computers have not been a major concern the last few days :sad: I now have a wheel-chair that allows access to computer though. :grin:

So I will try it again soon.

Hi Toppack

Sorry to hear it!

Get well soon!

Cheers

solbjerg

I noticed that only the one time.

I have Not tried 'Fast-op' lately.

I slipped on ice, in my garage, and dislocated my ancle, so computers have not been a major concern the last few days :sad: I now have a wheel-chair that allows access to computer though. :grin:

So I will try it again soon.

Best wishes to you.

Dear Toppack,

So sorry to hear that.

Hope you get well soon.

Best wishes to you.

Thank you for your testing.

There was a bug in version Beta 1.2 & 1.21 with the report page.

(If you switch to report tab during defraging/optimizing, details of report would not shown even after the defrag/optimize finished. But this bug had been fixed in Beta 2.0)

We will try our best to do some more test to make sure of it.

Cheers.

Archived