IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

"Lock" icon still there after Unlock

MagicHunter

OK Magic, thank you for bringing this matter up.

I have reported that to IObit, but IObit's reply indicated that Password Folder does not have a function for that.

My guess is, it is a function of Windows 7, but I didn't have time to search that in Windows7 yet.

In fact, the lock figures stay when you take the file out of the Password Folder vault, and stays even after you uninstall Password Folder.

Cheers.

OK, It has to do with the Homegroup file/folder share permissions.

If you right-click the file in question, and select Share with=>Specific People then after adding Everyone from dropdown menu, if you give Read/Write permission to share for Everyone, then the lock should disappear.

It must be a bug in Password Folder not to give the original permissions to files/folders when you take the file/folder out of the vault or when you uninstall Password Folder.

Cheers.

Archived