IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

address bar redirects to yahoo, never did before iobit installed

virtualjupiter

a friend told me to try your free product, siting it as the best! I installed it last night, and when given the option to install the yahoo tool bar, declined.

However, it installed the yahoo toolbar anyways. I disabled the bar, but now whenever I type anything into my browser address bar that isn't a full 'www.website.com' it redirects me to yahoo. I am not happy about this, I used to be able to type in one word like, 'pandora' and it would take me directly to the desired sits. I went into "about:config" and restored my keyword settings... even set one to false to avoid using my address bar as a search bar to workaround this issue. Nothing is working.

I know for a fact this came from you guys, and is not some random malware. Please help me fix it

Welcome

Welcome to the forum virtualjupiter :smile:

"your free product" is a bit confusing, your Profile says you have Advanced System Care Free but you have put this in the IObit Security 360 section, which software are you talking about ?

You say "I went into about:config" so I guess you are talking about FireFox browser ?

Since no other users have reported the toolbar being installed when they selected not to then I can only guess that you did not un-tick the options properly.

Anyway, I would recommend you try this quick solution which has worked for me in the past. Antiseptic is a toolbar remover that is Portable (does not install) and will remove many common toolbars from your computer, so it is handy to have on standby. See the list of toolbars at the site.

• Download T-Tools Antiseptic

• Unzip and launch Antiseptic from the resulting folder.

• Click Search to find the toolbars on your computer

• Select the Yahoo toolbar (and any others it finds and you want to get rid of)

• Personally, I would re-boot my computer after the toolbars are removed.

All the best, woz of oz

• 3 months later...

The purchased version of the software does the same trick. It's really annoying. I usually uncheck the box when the updates come around and this time I forgot. Now I have a unwanted Yahoo search engine that redirects my address bar and there is no uninstall option available.

This is very unprofessional. Please remove your affiliate-ware from the paid versions of this software.

• 5 months later...

Same problem here.

To update paid version you need to download and install the free download.

But this installs all sorts of crap!

Toolbars in browsers. Changes search engine to yahoo!

This is very bad form. And if it isn't fixed quickly I want my money back.

I wasn't paying for some malware package!

Very disappointed!

Hi nonumber

If one forgets to deselect the install options offered during install the easy method to rectify the oversight is to use the IObit Uninstaller that comes with the Toolbox and select to uninstall the unwanted toolbar.

Cheers

solbjerg

Same problem here.

To update paid version you need to download and install the free download.

But this installs all sorts of crap!

Toolbars in browsers. Changes search engine to yahoo!

This is very bad form. And if it isn't fixed quickly I want my money back.

I wasn't paying for some malware package!

Very disappointed!

Archived