IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

With PWF files not become invisible, you just can't open them

Linkmi.net

Hi skyj,

I think you have misunderstood Linkmi.net.:roll:

I confirm that when you put an .avi file in Password Folder as hidden, you can see that file in it's original folder but you can not run the file by any avi player program because it is protected by Password Folder program.:mrgreen:

In fact, this action started giving BSOD in my Windows 7 Pro (x32).

Cheers.:smile:

Hello Linkmi.net,

Please tell us which player you use, RealPlayer or Kmplayer, or any other player that you could not open the ".avi" file in our Password Folder.

Thanks in advance. :smile:

You not want certain people to find specific files on your system (what PWF is designed for) but it appears you can't really hide them. It may happen that you are forced by somebody to reveal the password. There are many situations where you cannot refuse to reveal the password (for example, due to extortion)

Therefor the secure level of PWF is not very high. Hopefully you will improve it soon.

Search e.g. ".avi" on your system and all the files (video's) that are supposed to be hidden in PWF just show up by title, they are not invisible at all, you just can't open them.

Just that users know.

Dear Linkmi,

Thank you for your feedback.

You have set PF to Hide the ".avi" file, don't you?

We have tried it but can not reproduce your problem.

Would you please take some screenshot?

One of Password Folder and one for the search result Screen.

Thank you in advance and look forward your reply.

Best Regards.

You have set PF to Hide the ".avi" file, don't you?

Set what ? I guess when the files are locked inside PWF and standard set as see screenshot that's the only options there are ?

http://pictohut.com/uploadedImages/456b31f389df75f7d69bcbb591667f4f.png

http://pictohut.com/uploadedImages/4aa9b0327f78414c5fa6941d45f45d0a.bmp

Hello Linkmi.net,

This is because the windows index saved the file information. That's why you can find the file in the search box but can't locate it.

We SURELY will keep up improving our programs.

Sure but it just shows that the hide function does not work !

Archived