IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Forced deletion of tracking cookies

When I run a scan the program finds 5 tracking cookies. Selecting remove says they are removed. An immediate rescan shows they are still present.

I've found them in IE and again, an attempt to delete fails.

Is there a way to force their deletion?

Would the tools in the try this first do the job?

The cookies are:

[name]@doubleclick.net

@burstnet.com

@fastclick.net

@turn.com

@zedo.com

Thank you

Hi choisington

Which program are you referring to?

If it is ASC then at least some of the cookies referred to should be blocked in Security Defense, if you have immunized your computer against them there - unless you for some reason have placed them in the ignore list.

I haven't checked if all your mentioned cookies are present in the immunization list, but they probably are. So in my optics it looks as if you haven't immunized against them when you have run your scans.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. by the way the same goes for IS360 Tools/passive defense/cookies

When I run a scan the program finds 5 tracking cookies. Selecting remove says they are removed. An immediate rescan shows they are still present.

I've found them in IE and again, an attempt to delete fails.

Is there a way to force their deletion?

Would the tools in the try this first do the job?

The cookies are:

[name]@doubleclick.net

@burstnet.com

@fastclick.net

@trun.com

@zedo.com

Thank you

Hi choisington

In IS360 you open Tools and find Passive Defense and activate the defense.

In ASC you run the Diagnose System and click on "problems" and immunize them all.

Please read all of Usage of IObit Products

By the way the newest version is IS360 v. 1.6

Cheers

solbjerg

I am referring to IObit Security 360 v.1.50

If it might be helpful please tell me how to find the immunization function in ASC.

No, they have not been placed on the ignore list. It is empty.

FWIW one is misspelled, should be turn.com

Thanks for the reply.

Again, thank you.

In ASC I have verified that all items in the 3 categories are immunized.

In IS360 passive defenses are activated.

Both of these are as previously. They represent no changes.

When I check on update IS360 tells me that I have the latest version. I assume that may change in the near future, or I could download 1.6 from the site.

I will review the usage as you suggest.

The issue remains unresolved. Perhaps it is not a significant problem, just an annoyance to see the report of problems each time I run the IS360 scan.

Ok choisington

Sorry I was of no help :-(

How are your privacy settings? Are cookies ticked there?

Remember to save those you need by placing them in the ignore list.

A possibility you could try would be to go to controlpanel/internet settings/ and delete the relevant files under Browser settings.

Good luck!

Cheers

solbjerg

Again, thank you.

In ASC I have verified that all items in the 3 categories are immunized.

In IS360 passive defenses are activated.

Both of these are as previously. They represent no changes.

When I check on update IS360 tells me that I have the latest version. I assume that may change in the near future, or I could download 1.6 from the site.

I will review the usage as you suggest.

The issue remains unresolved. Perhaps it is not a significant problem, just an annoyance to see the report of problems each time I run the IS360 scan.

Hi guys,

Most probably those cookies are automatically created by related toolbars that are enabled.

@choisington,

Please check if;

ASC=>click Utilities button=>Admin Tools tab=>click Windows Manager=>Win Manager windowopens=>click Cookies Manager button on the left=>tick Address=>click Delete Item

cleans all the cookies.

After temporarily disabling all toolbars, please check if the cookies exist after Repair/Remove of ASC/IS360.

You can also clean all flash cookies with Flash Cookies Cleaner 1.2

Cheers.

Re solbjerg and enoskype

We're in a loop. In my first posting I said that I had found them in IE and they would not delete.

If I attempted to delete all and then create an exceptions list would be a huge task. I had considered that but decided it not a good option because of the work involved and a possibility that if they would not delete individually they woulkd also not delete if I atttempted the delete all. It would be a lot of work if all were deleted except for the 5 that the 360 scan finds, and all that with no benefit.

There are no toolbard enabled on that computer.

I'll have a go at the flash cookies cleaner. Not sure if that will work because it seems to be the case that they do not reinstall, they just refuse to delete. When I click on delete the computer makes the 'boink' sound typical of an unpermitted operation.

I also noted that a tool in 360 is called unlock and delete. That may be worth a try.

I posted the issue to the internet explorer forum at microsoft. So far no responses to that.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Hi choisington

Have you tried an online virus scanner?

Or could it be the scan logfile that is in a loop?

Cheers

solbjerg

Re solbjerg and enoskype

We're in a loop. In my first posting I said that I had found them in IE and they would not delete.

If I attempted to delete all and then create an exceptions list would be a huge task. I had considered that but decided it not a good option because of the work involved and a possibility that if they would not delete individually they woulkd also not delete if I atttempted the delete all. It would be a lot of work if all were deleted except for the 5 that the 360 scan finds, and all that with no benefit.

There are no toolbard enabled on that computer.

I'll have a go at the flash cookies cleaner. Not sure if that will work because it seems to be the case that they do not reinstall, they just refuse to delete. When I click on delete the computer makes the 'boink' sound typical of an unpermitted operation.

I also noted that a tool in 360 is called unlock and delete. That may be worth a try.

I posted the issue to the internet explorer forum at microsoft. So far no responses to that.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Archived