IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Corrupts Chrome pref file

captainron

The toolbox optimizer corrupts chrome pref file. Latest version of chrome, x64 win7 running as admin.

I don't have Chrome but did a search for this problem and found several reporting corrupted preference files.

So you may want to contact Google support website for Info.

There may be a problem in Chrome?

Here's one of them:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=25bb369b67661a65&hl=en

I don't have Chrome but did a search for this problem and found several reporting corrupted preference files.

So you may want to contact Google support website for Info.

There may be a problem in Chrome?

Here's one of them:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=25bb369b67661a65&hl=en

anyone can replicate it by just using toolbox-optimize-internet booster-chrome optimize with any settings.

Hi captainron

What are your settings in chrome optimizing?

I tried it and with all options ticked, but no functions chosen (I do not have chrome installed) Message read Chrome is optimized after the "optimizing"??

Cheers

solbjerg

anyone can replicate it by just using toolbox-optimize-internet booster-chrome optimize with any settings.

Hi captainron

What are your settings in chrome optimizing?

I tried it and with all options ticked, but no functions chosen (I do not have chrome installed) Message read Chrome is optimized after the "optimizing"??

Cheers

solbjerg

"Recommended" with anti-malware/phishing checked x64 win7 Chrome ver. 9.0.597.98

ASC doesn't show an error, chrome does after start after I use it.

Ok captainron

Is it something that didn't happen with the earlier versions of Chrome?

I'll refrain from comment then as I don't have Chrome installed and are using Windows XP :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

"Recommended" with anti-malware/phishing checked x64 win7 Chrome ver. 9.0.597.98

ASC doesn't show an error, chrome does after start after I use it.

Sorry about this issue

Hi captainron,

We are very sorry for this issue.

I tried it and replicated the same thing. It's really bad that all setting, theme, extensions were gone. Not most badly, bookmarks and date of "quick note" are still there.

It must be caused by that the optimization method is not fit with the latest version of Chrome. The coder is working hard on this.

Sorry for it again.

Yeah, but im not sure how many versions back it broke, I've been on firefox a while.

Maybe you can keep using the Chrome but not optimize it with Internet Booster.

Best Regards.

• 6 months later...

Hi, I know this thread is a bit older, but I was searching for info related to losing customization in Chrome after using Internet Booster.

Does anyone happen to know if a way to reverse/undo/repair this situation has been devised?

Thank you :)

Archived