IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

W A R N I N G !!! for after online detailed report.

enoskype

Attention !!! Everybody and IObit,

After repair in AWC version 2.70, you are offered for a detailed report online.

After connecting to detailed report page, if you accept the Special Offer for Free Scan! by Prevx CSI Free PC Check, even if you do not install the program and refuse to be checked by Kaspersky, the program installs a System file named "kl1.sys" into "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\kl1.sys".

Most probably file is from Kaspersky and it is a bug of Prevx.

Curiosity kill the cat!!!

The PC will not start Windows next time you try to start!!!

All of the start options including "Safe Mode" and "Last known good configuration" does not help. The start up will stop just after ndis.sys.

It took me 2 days to get my notebook to the state of just before this file has been installed. I was lucky to connect the hard disk to another computer and to have installed "Recovery Console" in the Root long ago to find out that the last sys file installed was this one and if you do other things afterwards, it is very hard to pin point the file causing the black screen on next start up.

I had an IMAGE of my disk but not a recent one, so I did not want to use it.

I woud not advice anybody to try that if you don't have a recent IMAGE of your disk.

If anybody dare to try, I would like to know if the same thing is repeated.

I hope I am the only one having had that problem.

Thank you for your attention.

Cheers.

EDIT:

Note: The Prevx have been removed temporarily. Thank you for the quick response IObit Guy.

Archived