IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IOBit tool Box

coneger

• 1 month later...

Be careful

Just select all and click fix. It will not do any harm to your pc.....

Wrong!!

Obviously, if it was known to be completely safe to delete them then they would not be called High Risk and they would be ticked by default

All High Risk items should be investigated first to see if it is safe to delete them

.....Deep scan showed 319, all high risk. I have read in the past, leave high risk problems alone, unless you are a techie. So how do I resolve high risk.

If you aren't having problems with you computer ignore the High Risk items. I have never deleted a High Risk item.

If you are having problems and you are not a "techie" then ask for help.

All the best, woz of oz

• 3 months later...

High risk to delete them

hi woz

I held back commenting tell i grasped the meaning

"high Risk" interpreted as" safe" , leave them where thy are

the one tick automatically one could remove.Tho I left it.

Mr bean

I have never deleted a High Risk item from the registry because there is a 'high risk' that it could cause problems for me.

So yes, I advise to leave High Risk items alone.

Some of the High Risk items I get are related to Microsoft Security Essentials updates, it might be ok to delete them but I do not mess around with my security software.

If I ever have registry problems I will search the web to see what those High Risk items relate to and then decide if deleting one or more of those items might fix the problem

All the best, woz of oz

High Risk Mr Bean means that you run a high risk of doing something harmful to the computer if you delete these items without checking first if it is safe to delete them!! In other words it could be risky to delete them!!

(♫ Risks is in the air, everywhere I look risks is in the air ----- ♫) :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

♫ = Alt+14 (numberpad) or Alt+9835 or U+266B

266B = 2*(16^3)+ 6*(16^2)+ 6*(16) + 11 = 9835

hi woz

I held back commenting tell i grasped the meaning

"high Risk" interpreted as" safe" , leave them where thy are

the one tick automatically one could remove.Tho I left it.

Mr bean

Hi Mongoose

Right you are!!!!!

In the words of Rikki-Tikki-Tavi "Go and find out!!" :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

I have used the Deep Scan and deleted them before, I also had issues afterwards. Then I had to use Disk Doctor to fix the issues. So I would check them closely before I delete anything.

Maybe it would be a good thing to have IOBIT put an explanation in the scan section of what "high Risk', low risk means, rather than just a general sentence that says, something like ' these items have been found not needed and can safely be removed(I paraphrased). I always thought that High risk meant that it was bad to leave them there. Most high risk items don't have an explanation of what it is that is being flagged. It causes a lot of confusion.

Hi Leeman

I too would have preferred a more unambiguous word, but given the context it is possible to guess at the correct meaning.

Still it would have been better with something like "Venturesome" or something in that category. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Maybe it would be a good thing to have IOBIT put an explanation in the scan section of what "high Risk', low risk means, rather than just a general sentence that says, something like ' these items have been found not needed and can safely be removed(I paraphrased). I always thought that High risk meant that it was bad to leave them there. Most high risk items don't have an explanation of what it is that is being flagged. It causes a lot of confusion.

High Risk Mr Bean means that you run a high risk of doing something harmful to the computer if you delete these items without checking first

Thank you."Words!"

depends how its interpreted. my way of seeing it .(Was)Understanding-HIGH risk files to be killed of

yet makes sense also do not remove them,I think the word high Risk Is generally associated with danger-harmful-or risky to have it on a computer?

Any how I now know the meaning in this application

Mr Bean.

Archived