IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

where are the definitition updates?

wagygirl

Why has it been over a month for a new definition to be released? :???:

When I first got my IObit Security 360 there was a new definition at least once a week. With no new definitions, I am beginning to think that maybe IObit is no longer supporting this product, or it just not kept up to date.

A lot of people rely on your product to keep our computers running safely.

At this rate, I would not be inclined to upgrade.

Hi wagygirl

It seems they have changed the name of the folder, - what was previously called additional core.def is now just called addition, but if you go to folder settings and untick the option to hide known file extensions it will show addition.def

By me it was last updated 24-02-2011

I expect to get an update today though.

It seems that they are updating at a slower rate for the last month or so - about every 2-3 days.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s.

I just updated the information in my file about the size of the definition files in IS360 today - result as follows: (size measured in bytes)

(core.def 4.562.334 largest size version 1.1)(Nov.2009)

Now (24.02.2011): 5.652.660 (123,9 % of largest size)

5.531.962 (10.01.2011) core.def (New updated definition file)

+

120.698 (24.02.2011) additional core.def (New updated additional definition file)

Why has it been over a month for a new definition to be released? :???:

When I first got my IObit Security 360 there was a new definition at least once a week. With no new definitions, I am beginning to think that maybe IObit is no longer supporting this product, or it just not kept up to date.

A lot of people rely on your product to keep our computers running safely.

At this rate, I would not be inclined to upgrade.

Where are the definitition updates?

Everytime I check for an update, it tells me I already have the latest definition. The last time I needed to download a new definition was on 1/10/2011. I have the free version, so downloading of updates is manual.

Also, "known file extensions" are not hidden.

What's going on? :?::?::?:

------------2/25/2011 12:58:02 AM------------

Update details:

Latest Definition Data(02/24/2011)(C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\Addition.def) Updated Successfully

------------2/22/2011 11:39:23 PM------------

Update details:

Latest Definition Data(02/21/2011)(C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\Addition.def) Updated Successfully

------------2/18/2011 3:35:13 AM------------

Update details:

Latest Definition Data(02/17/2011)(C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\Addition.def) Updated Successfully

------------2/15/2011 9:34:55 PM------------

Update details:

Latest Definition Data(02/15/2011)(C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\Addition.def) Updated Successfully

------------2/12/2011 11:04:53 PM------------

Update details:

Latest Definition Data(02/12/2011)(C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\Addition.def) Updated Successfully

------------2/8/2011 11:43:12 PM------------

Update details:

Latest Definition Data(02/09/2011)(C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\Addition.def) Updated Successfully

------------2/3/2011 3:53:19 AM------------

Update details:

Latest Definition Data(02/03/2011)(C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\Addition.def) Updated Successfully

------------1/28/2011 4:06:58 AM------------

Update details:

Latest Definition Data(01/28/2011)(C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\Addition.def) Updated Successfully

------------1/26/2011 1:20:39 AM------------

Update details:

Latest Definition Data(01/25/2011)(C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\Addition.def) Updated Successfully

------------1/22/2011 11:08:09 PM------------

Update details:

Latest Definition Data(01/22/2011)(C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\Addition.def) Updated Successfully

------------1/19/2011 11:53:57 PM------------

Update details:

Latest Definition Data(01/19/2011)(C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\Addition.def) Updated Successfully

------------1/16/2011 4:17:46 AM------------

Update details:

Latest Definition Data(01/16/2011)(C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\Addition.def) Updated Successfully

------------1/13/2011 11:16:39 PM------------

Update details:

Latest Definition Data(01/13/2011)(C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\Addition.def) Updated Successfully

------------1/12/2011 9:38:39 PM------------

Update details:

Latest Definition Data(01/12/2011)(C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\Addition.def) Updated Successfully

------------1/10/2011 3:43:11 AM------------

Update details:

Main Definition Database(C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\Core.def) Updated Successfully

Latest Definition Data(01/10/2011)(C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\Addition.def) Updated Successfully

Hi wagygirl

According to your data you have all the definition updates!

So what you must be asking is why it doesn't download anything when you click update?

The reason is almost certainly that you have a setting that does that for you at program start. That option is also present in the free edition but the automatic option is not.

Having seen in you download definition data that you have all the definition updates, must have set your mind at ease. :-)

They only make a new core.def file every month or two, but they continually make additional.def files available every few days. So what you should be looking at is the addition.def files.

The spring festival slowed down the frequency of updates, and it seems like it hasn't yet been brought up to speed - perhaps an update will come today.

China is GMT+8

so as China is 8 hours further along in the day than Greenwich you shold not expect them to update in the middle of the night, but during normal daylight hours in China.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. I got an addition.def today (28-2-2011) at noon (GMT+1)

p.p.s. GMT → Greenwich Mean Time (the zero meridian - sometimes also called zero)

Everytime I check for an update, it tells me I already have the latest definition. The last time I needed to download a new definition was on 1/10/2011. I have the free version, so downloading of updates is manual.

Also, "known file extensions" are not hidden.

What's going on? :?::?::?:

------------2/25/2011 12:58:02 AM------------

Update details:

Latest Definition Data(02/24/2011)(C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\Addition.def) Updated Successfully

------------2/22/2011 11:39:23 PM------------

Update details:

Latest Definition Data(02/21/2011)(C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\Addition.def) Updated Successfully

------------2/18/2011 3:35:13 AM------------

Update details:

Latest Definition Data(02/17/2011)(C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\Addition.def) Updated Successfully

------------2/15/2011 9:34:55 PM------------

Update details:

Latest Definition Data(02/15/2011)(C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\Addition.def) Updated Successfully

------------2/12/2011 11:04:53 PM------------

Update details:

Latest Definition Data(02/12/2011)(C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\Addition.def) Updated Successfully

------------2/8/2011 11:43:12 PM------------

Update details:

Latest Definition Data(02/09/2011)(C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\Addition.def) Updated Successfully

------------2/3/2011 3:53:19 AM------------

Update details:

Latest Definition Data(02/03/2011)(C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\Addition.def) Updated Successfully

------------1/28/2011 4:06:58 AM------------

Update details:

Latest Definition Data(01/28/2011)(C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\Addition.def) Updated Successfully

------------1/26/2011 1:20:39 AM------------

Update details:

Latest Definition Data(01/25/2011)(C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\Addition.def) Updated Successfully

------------1/22/2011 11:08:09 PM------------

Update details:

Latest Definition Data(01/22/2011)(C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\Addition.def) Updated Successfully

------------1/19/2011 11:53:57 PM------------

Update details:

Latest Definition Data(01/19/2011)(C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\Addition.def) Updated Successfully

------------1/16/2011 4:17:46 AM------------

Update details:

Latest Definition Data(01/16/2011)(C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\Addition.def) Updated Successfully

------------1/13/2011 11:16:39 PM------------

Update details:

Latest Definition Data(01/13/2011)(C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\Addition.def) Updated Successfully

------------1/12/2011 9:38:39 PM------------

Update details:

Latest Definition Data(01/12/2011)(C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\Addition.def) Updated Successfully

------------1/10/2011 3:43:11 AM------------

Update details:

Main Definition Database(C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\Core.def) Updated Successfully

Latest Definition Data(01/10/2011)(C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\Addition.def) Updated Successfully

Where are the definitions updates?

My last definition version is: 2416

Fingerprint: 185675

------------

Is that the latest definition as of 5:03 am PST/-8 ? :?:

Also, you said that

"The reason is almost certainly that you have a setting that does that for you at program start. That option is also present in the free edition but the automatic option is not."

That is actually the only option for free members. It is said to check for updates, downloading is supposed to be manual. I always needed to manually download the updates. I was manually downloading the updates about once or twice a week.

Has IObit changed the program itself? If so, When?

Hi wagygirl

Version=2416 (My guess is that 24 refers to the core version and 16 to the additional definition downloads since the 10. of January)

Date=02/28/11

FP=185675

CoreVer=24

Is the currently latest download of additional definitions - from yesterday.

Did you download it manually?

If I am very quick opening IS360 free and at once click check for updates I will get a notice where the update version is shown and can click update/download - if I am a little less quick the program will ask me if I want to download it again (this must mean that it has already downloaded the definition update by then. If I am slower still it will say that I already have the newest update.

(I have had the pro version at one time - but now run the free version - still it may possibly account for a different behavior by me)

So you have several updates in addition.def - since the core.def the 10. of jan.

The two latest from the 25th and the 28th of February, what more do you need?

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s.

PST (Pacific Standard Time) → UTC (Universal Time Coordinated) → GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) - All time is decided from the zero meridian (in Greenwich)

As yours are GMT-8 and China GMT+8 there are 16 hours between you and China.

Meaning that the sun rose in China 16 hours before it did by you. (if same latitude-and elevation)

p.p.s. Addition.def updated again today 3-3-2011 (2417)

My last definition version is: 2416

Fingerprint: 185675

------------

Is that the latest definition as of 5:03 am PST/-8 ? :?:

Also, you said that

"The reason is almost certainly that you have a setting that does that for you at program start. That option is also present in the free edition but the automatic option is not."

That is actually the only option for free members. It is said to check for updates, downloading is supposed to be manual. I always needed to manually download the updates. I was manually downloading the updates about once or twice a week.

Has IObit changed the program itself? If so, When?

Where are the definitions updates?

Okay, you said that I had the most recent update, and that there was one due on 3-3-11. I got that one- it asked me to download it.

I wanted to be sure that it was updating and that my computer is safe. It never self updated before, ever, until January so I was confused.

I never meant to be a problem. I'm sorry. :oops:

Hi wagygirl

No need to apologize - it is quite alright!!

Sounds as if it works like it used to by you :-)

Ephesians 4:32 :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Okay, you said that I had the most recent update, and that there was one due on 3-3-11. I got that one- it asked me to download it.

I wanted to be sure that it was updating and that my computer is safe. It never self updated before, ever, until January so I was confused.

I never meant to be a problem. I'm sorry. :oops:

OK are is IOBIT on holiday again?Its been 4 going on 5 days since 360 has updated.I am starting to loose faith in this product which will carry over to the rest of their products.If it is not addressed by the company I will remove all of their products cause I don't feel support anymore.By the way this is the professional version.:-x:sad::?

OK are is IOBIT on holiday again?Its been 4 going on 5 days since 360 has updated.I am starting to loose faith in this product which will carry over to the rest of their products.If it is not addressed by the company I will remove all of their products cause I don't feel support anymore.By the way this is the professional version.:-x:sad::?

Originally, I had thought that my definitions had not updated for over a month, I was wrong.

Since my questions started, I discovered an easy way to see the last date of definition update. Click on "Scan" on the left side panel. On the bottom it will show you the update schedule, including the last update version.

Mine shows| Definitions version: 2417 (03/03/11).

That is not very long ago. Once a week or more should be enough. Not all items require adding daily updates.

Also, I have tried other programs that don't find or remove anything, when this program finds them immediately.

I did what you said and it still shows last update 5 days ago.When I installed profesional version it would update twice a day.Since they went on holiday they have been slacking so someone needs to straighten this out.Virus defs are very important to stay ahead of threats.

Hi Flagman

Just to be quite clear about this - IS360 is NOT an anti-virus program.

it is designed to run alongside an anti-virus program and find the kind of malware that the anti-virus program doesn't find.

Increasingly the anti-virus programs has broadened their basic seach in the last couple of years to also encompass other forms of malware than viruses.

Nevertheless I also think that IObit must be too busy with their other releases so that they have put the .def updating a bit on the backburner.

I do think though that they have one of the very largest antimalware definition databases already.

Cheers

solbjerg

I did what you said and it still shows last update 5 days ago.When I installed profesional version it would update twice a day.Since they went on holiday they have been slacking so someone needs to straighten this out.Virus defs are very important to stay ahead of threats.

• 1 month later...

Something is wrong with IObit. I just worked on a friend's PC, which also had IObit Security 360 installed. However, it hadn't been run for a few months. Whatever I do, the program says there are no updates and states the last update was 81 days ago -- so I can be sure it didn't update at all today.

I checked their definition version - it was 2404. Then I checked my own - 2426.

Why can't we update? From http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=10009 I know there's at least a definition version 2501, but whatever definition version you have, IObit Security 360 keeps claiming it's already up-to-date which it isn't.

Obviously something's wrong somewhere. Please IObit, please shed some light on this issue!!!

Hi Wild4fire

Yes my latest update is also 2426, I run free version 1.60

Where did you see 2501??

And this def. (2426) version hasn't been updated for 7 days it says

Could it be a difference between the def. updates in the free and the pro (automatic) version?

Your friend's version is then probably 1.50??

An update to version 1.60 maybe could fix it so that the def. file version would be 2426?

One could speculate that IObit Malware Figther is close to being finished and that this has taken the attention away from IS360 - not terribly smart!!

Cheers

solbjerg

Something is wrong with IObit. I just worked on a friend's PC, which also had IObit Security 360 installed. However, it hadn't been run for a few months. Whatever I do, the program says there are no updates and states the last update was 81 days ago -- so I can be sure it didn't update at all today.

I checked their definition version - it was 2404. Then I checked my own - 2426.

Why can't we update? From http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=10009 I know there's at least a definition version 2501, but whatever definition version you have, IObit Security 360 keeps claiming it's already up-to-date which it isn't.

Obviously something's wrong somewhere. Please IObit, please shed some light on this issue!!!

Latest available definition files (Core.def + Addition.def)

Hi guys,

There is a problem with the updates of IS360, concerning update servers, I believe.

The most recent updated db is 2501, released the other day .

I will attach it here as Addition2501.zip (Addition.def).

Cheers.

EDIT: Download LINK for Core.def file.

Addition2501.zip

Archived