IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Disk Explorer Utility, Not Completed ?

Toppack

I found a Minor problem with the 'Disk-Explorer' Utility, in Toolbox-Control section of ASC.

When Analyzing a drive it says that it has Completed and the slider graph has also gone to 100%, when actually it has Not finished the analysis scan.

The only way to tell it is still scanning is to look at hard-drive activity light on computer.

It would be better if the 'Completed' message was not not displayed, since you will know when it actually finishes by the next Info window coming up.

But that can take a long time with a large drive and I think if the drive has not been checked recently the analysis takes much longer.

So, some type of activity indicator would be Great, such as a small spinning clock or something.

Hi Toppack

When I use Disk Explorer the analyze progress bar goes to the right and after a fairly short time finishes and say it has completed the analyzing - one second later or less the result is displayed in another window.

So I cannot duplicate your findings. (version 1.1) (XP sp3)

Cheers

solbjerg

I found a Minor problem with the 'Disk-Explorer' Utility, in Toolbox-Control section of ASC.

When Analyzing a drive it says that it has Completed and the slider graph has also gone to 100%, when actually it has Not finished the analysis scan.

The only way to tell it is still scanning is to look at hard-drive activity light on computer.

It would be better if the 'Completed' message was not not displayed, since you will know when it actually finishes by the next Info window coming up.

But that can take a long time with a large drive.

So, some type of activity indicator would be Great, such as a small spinning clock or something.

Hi Toppack

When I use Disk Explorer the analyze progress bar goes to the right and after a fairly short time finishes and say it has completed the analyzing - one second later or less the result is displayed in another window.

So I cannot duplicate your findings. (version 1.1) (XP sp3)

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. Disregard this - Sorry - I checked the Disk Explorer in the Toolbox :oops:

I think the Increased delay between completed message and actual completion is when checking large 1TB drives, that have Not been checked before, since I don't see the big delay the Second time I check the same drive.

Unless there is something else causing a delay sometime and not at other times. I'll test somemore and try to determine exactly what is happening.

As I said, it's a minor problem as long as the user knows to Wait for it. when it happens.

Well dang, I found a 500GB drive on our network that had never been checked before and I only saw about 10.second delay.

I was getting at least 1. minute delays, on my test computer, at first.

So maybe it was caused by other background software running at same time, such as security updates, but usually this quad-core cpu can handle all that without such delays.

Progress 'complete' indicators across the "New" IoBit Software

Reading through the Forum for topics covering what I wished to discuss, for sparing duplicate threads, i noticed here-- something i've meant to post to the "Malware" application, the new addition to the IoBit lineup. I realize this is not the appropriate forum for discussion of the "Malware" app, however i did take a screen cap of the "complete"... / not complete disparity, perhaps relevant to support this User's concern.

let me locate it... and provide momentarily...

i did take a screen cap of the "complete"... / not complete disparity, perhaps relevant to support this User's concern.

Stanley, are you saying that you are seeing Long delays after completed message is displayed? :?:

I would like to know that I'm not the only one seeing them, since I'm now using a fast computer that should Not have delays like that and it's got me Worried. :-( :lol:

Archived