IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Iobit Smart Defrag Beta+ASC Disk Doctor

Hi all

I did a scan with Iobit ASC ,Disk Doctor .Found problems in C+D drive.

Great software by the way ,this Disk Doctor , so I chose to proceed to the next step i.e. restart pc for full analysis +fix.

Here I had a headache, as I had Iobit Smart Defrag Beta scheduled to do a Boot Time Defrag.

It seems that the Iobit's baby brothers were fighting !!!

My pc still had the same problems later when I rescanned with Disk Doctor.

Luckily , I thought to stop the boot time defrag.Iobit Disk Doctor was free to do it's wonderful work then . Baby Brothers Behaving Badly!!!!!

I did a scan with Iobit ASC ,Disk Doctor .Found problems in C+D drive.

Lekkxus,

I'm curious, did Disk-doctor ever Fix all the drive errors?

It's my understanding that when that utility starts finding errors that the drive may be starting to Fail and may quit soon. :sad:

(And when that starts happening, running Defrag can make even More errors)

The difficult thing about Disk-doctor is that you have to have a Bad hard-drive to find out if that utility Works or Not,

so I've Never been able to test it.

Yes, the ASC V4 beta1.5 definitely has a problem with the Details-Report.

No problems with ASC-3 and Toolbox-v1.2 versions though.

Hopefully this will be corrected in the next update of ASC-4.

Just a Reminder:

Running Defrag will probable cause More disk Errors, if the condition of hard-drive has Degraded to where Disk-doctor is repeatedly Finding errors.

Which probably means it's Time to start Looking for New Hard-drive, if all cable connections to drive are good.

Hi Toppack

You talk a lot about Disk Doctor (Disk check) especially in ASC4, but I cannot duplicate your findings - it works fine by me - also the report! No matter what program I use the Disk Doctor from!!

Recently checked version 1.5 without a hitch.

Mind you I use XP sp3, so I cannot speak for other OS'es :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Yes, the ASC V4 beta1.5 definitely has a problem with the Details-Report.

No problems with ASC-3 and Toolbox-v1.2 versions though.

Hopefully this will be corrected in the next update of ASC-4.

Just a Reminder:

Running Defrag will probable cause More disk Errors, if the condition of hard-drive has Degraded to where Disk-doctor is repeatedly Finding errors.

Which probably means it's Time to start Looking for New Hard-drive, if all cable connections to drive are good.

I got DD to work from ASC-4 link, by replacing the DD .exe program with the latest version from Toolbox V1.2, which Does work great, so I'm Happy.

I have no Idea if the problem was in copy of ASC-4 on my computer only or not, or if it is a OS compatibility problem.

I mainly wished to close out findings on this problem, in the event someone else encountered the same problem, with the Details report in ASC-4.

Sorry everyone , I was away for a while. I have had no problems with this smart defrag since.

I have done chkdsk by the way (windows standard) and all is well.

I have Ashampoo's HDD control and it is reporting healthy drive.

Actually it says Excellent!

I have the defragment part of this HDD control stopped ,as Iobits is much better .(I think .............Who said that ?!!!!!)

I don't know why there is no way to check for updates on this Smart Defrag 2 Beta 3.0.

Good luck to all.

Hi lekkxus,

Updating function is still included in SD2 Beta3 program, but there is no link on the GUI. I think IObit purposely disabled the visibility of Update Check link.

Don't ask me why, as I don't know. :roll: :lol:

I have noticed that there is a difference on the GUIs between the SD2 Beta3 of IObit's copies and the ones which are publicly available. They have their Update links on the GUI. :twisted:

Hint: User Manual

Cheers. :-D

Archived